I don't normally do newbie posts...

James the Greatest

I don't normally do newbie posts when I join forums, but I figured this warrents a greeting unto the crew here.

::waves::

I'm James the Greatest, a 26-year-old female nerd who tends to act like she's more of a 12-year-old boy, lol. being a tomboy is just in my nature.

as is poverty, mental disorders, alcoholism, and poor eating habits. these will be the dragons I'll be slaying during my 30-day adventure with food.

I'm an alcoholic. not super bad, as in my life suffers due to my drinking. but my body does, and I'm really tired of it. I'm eager to go 30 days without a drink -- though also somewhat nervous.

I have bipolar disorder, as well as an eating disorder. food, cooking, and even grocery shopping causes me great anxiety -- even to the point of attacks. I hate the idea of having to take time out of my day to eat, having to put food into my mouth and chew and swallow -- I'd like to just be done with the whole thing. alas, I am human (or some kind of humanoid, at least), so I must eat.

when my depression with my bipolar disorder gets bad, so do my eating habits. of course, they are bad when I'm manic too. I'll binge eat when depressed, and I end up accidentally starving myself while manic. (it's impressive how little food or sleep a manic individual needs to thrive, and even less so to merely survive.)

::phew:: I just put it all out there, didn't I. O_o not my normal style. but it's time my diet and body became important to me. therefore, this endeavour is important to me. and I thought that warrented an introductory post.

Good job on making the choice to take control of your eating habits. I drank too much in my 20s. It probably is affecting more than your body. Bad choices, too much money spent on alcohal, and the food side of things. My son probably saved my life. I quit drinking the moment I knew I was pregnant (early on because we practice natural family planning). One thing I wasn't prepared for: I finally had to deal with issues that I would drink to suppress. I had some wierd dreams the first couple of months. Cutting the alcohal can only help with the depression. Have you talked with anyone about some of the other things going on? It's a lot to deal with alone. I highly recommend posting to the forum (even if what your feeling doesn't sound rational to you). I started this process because I was tired of feeling sick and being controlled by food. I have learned so much reading about other people's journey. Some things I don't relate to at all, but some things could have been written by me. I feel such admiration for people putting it out there. It's hard to let people know you are not perfect. Good luck and keep us posted!

Welcome and best of luck.

thanks. :)

Hello and welcome. I wish you well!

thank you very much.

Good job on making the choice to take control of your eating habits. I drank too much in my 20s. It probably is affecting more than your body. Bad choices, too much money spent on alcohal, and the food side of things. My son probably saved my life. I quit drinking the moment I knew I was pregnant (early on because we practice natural family planning). One thing I wasn't prepared for: I finally had to deal with issues that I would drink to suppress. I had some wierd dreams the first couple of months. Cutting the alcohal can only help with the depression. Have you talked with anyone about some of the other things going on? It's a lot to deal with alone. I highly recommend posting to the forum (even if what your feeling doesn't sound rational to you). I started this process because I was tired of feeling sick and being controlled by food. I have learned so much reading about other people's journey. Some things I don't relate to at all, but some things could have been written by me. I feel such admiration for people putting it out there. It's hard to let people know you are not perfect. Good luck and keep us posted!

it's amazing how one thing can affect so much. I was stupid and let me friend talk me into having a drinking shindig last night as a farewell to alcohol for 30 days, lol. I'm sure my body hates me for it.

Welcome, glad you've joined us. Whether you want to bitch, moan or ask questions, I've found this forum great, really friendly and helpful. so keep us posted how you're doing with it.

thanks. so far, I think it's a great community. I'm proud to join it.

Archived