Starting whole 30

So I'm new to this and have never done something like this before I'm reading the book and I'm finding it kind of overwhelming. This is going to be new and hard for me because I don't cook a lot but that's going to change does anyone have any ideas about meals that they did that were easy during the first week. Any suggestions on how to get through the week? What kept everyone motivated? I'm doing this alone so I'm trying to seek motivation from forums and things like that. I also have no idea when I should start this I work at a grocery store and it's a very demanding job and your tempted with bad foods all day. 

• Moderators

I would take a couple of weeks to make sure you're familiar with the rules and to try some new recipes and then start -- although if you want to just jump in right now, some people do really well with that as well, so go with what feels right to you.

Easy things to cook: eggs, burger patties, taco meat using ground beef or turkey or whatever which you can put over salad or baked potatoes or sweet potatoes (here's one taco seasoning mix recipe you could use), roasted vegetables. 

Whether you do a really detailed meal plan or opt to do something like a weekly cookup, be sure you have food on hand that you can fix easily so you won't be tempted to just go get something from a drive-thru instead. 

Archived