Newbie Committing to June1st

Jane3797

Hello, I am happy to have found The Whole 30.  I have a profound interest in improving health yet still struggle.  I am an ardent follower and believer of the D'Adamo works with blood type specificity yet I still suffer from so many allergy-type responses.  THIS IS GOING TO BE THE ICING ON THE CAKE.  I can't thank you enough.  I am going to need a lot of support because I have been using food emotionally and steadily since 2002.  I am currently holding steady at about 215 pounds but just can' t get motivated to really take it on.  I know this is not about weight loss, which really thrills me because my aches, pains, sinus issues, depression, etc. all need to take the first exit out of here!  I am not aging well, and although I look about 10 years younger than I am, I currently feel about 10 years older.  That is not okay with me.

All advice, tough love and support are greatly welcome.  Thank you again.

Jane

Hi Jane & welcome to Whole30 :)

I only know a very little about the Blood Type Diet, and I'm not sure of your plans, but I wonder if you haven't had success with it up until now, whether it might be wise to commit fully to the Whole30 without trying to combine the two plans? We certainly don;t recommend combining Whole30 with any other type of eating plan (be it a diet or otherwise), so I think the same would apply here.

The forum has a vast amount of knowledge, both on the boards & via the members/moderators. The best way to search is via Google, using 'Whole30' + 'your query' - this generally will bring you to a list of previous discussions on the subject, and if you can't find your answers there then feel free to ask in the forums.

Preparation is the key - you'll not be tempted to eat any off plan foods if you have complaint foods readily available. And following the meal template & other recommendations as well as the rules will see you get the absolute best bang for your buck.

Good luck, and keep checking in!!

Hi JMCBN, thank you for the prompt reply and good advice.  I will definitely be giving the Whole30 my all according to the rules and recommendations.   The blood type diet will only overlap where I've learned a few unique things about A types and will make choices accordingly.  For example, will reach for a grapefruit but never an orange, or turkey over chicken.  As helpful as it's been, your program is the missing link and I am expecting to be amazed!  Thank you to you, the moderator, or one of them, and to the authors as well as the people here on the forum!  Jane

Archived