Accidentally had a sip of artificially sweetened coffee

Looking for advice: this morning I picked up my husband's coffee by accident and had one sip; the coffee contained a half packet of artificial sweetener. After I got done gagging because that stuff does NOT appeal to me EVER, I need to decide if tomorrow is Day 1. If it were sugar, I wouldn't worry, but since it's chemically stuff, I'm more inclined to think there could be physical reactions to the stuff.

I am not terribly concerned and of course as a grown-up it's really my choice - honestly I've done a lot of Whole30s and don't to change my behavior one way or another, but I don't want to call it "Day 11" if I should be calling it "Day 1," it feels disingenuous.  :-)  

• Moderators

I think that you've got a good head on your shoulders and a great attitude... Keep calling it Day 11 but do a Whole41?  You're right that chemicals are pretty brutal... I might start over.

There's an article linked in my signature below about starting over, but honestly, it sounds like you know that in keeping with the spirit of the program, in having longterm health goals, you know that it's the right thing to do to begin again :)

Archived