Annie's Whole30 and a Whole lot more!

Annie

Day 1 is in the bag...

I'd appreciate feedback if you see I'm doing something wanky... this is new to me

Breakfast

ghee

turkey

onion

zucchini

topped with an egg

Lunch

lettuce mix

sunflower seeds

crumbled whole egg

1/2 pear

vinegar

chicken breast

Dinner

green beans

ghee

salmon

Snack

1/2 lara bar (never had one before... not bad)

Day 2... pretty much same as day 1... except cod for dinner instead of salmon.. and a whole larabar as a snack

HEADACHE... drank more water.. ibuprofen... we'll see.. pretty tired today..

2 down.. 28 to go..

Keep it up, Annie! You'll finish your first whole30 before you know it! I'm on day 15 and I'm so glad I didn't quit the first week, even though I wanted to! I am a sugar addict and haven't craved anything (cupcakes, chocolate, soda, etc) in about 10 days! It feels great.

I also suffered from headaches almost every day the first week. I make sure to drink a good amount of water along with a green vegetable with breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try it and that might help!

DAY 3

Breakfast

hash - 2 bacon, an onion, green pepper, squash topped with an egg

Lunch

brisket, broccoli and cauliflower

Dinner

turkey burger

peas

watermelon

Snack

avocado with olive oil, lemon juice and sea salt - yummo

Snack #2

banana

For the last two nights I've been up all night peeing... last night I was up all night peeing with leg cramps... hopping around like an idiot LOL. I'm chugging water at least 64oz a day... hoping the banana, avocado and broccoli will help my potassium levels to prevent the cramps.. or that the water will get me hydrated cuz dehydration can also cause cramps... cramps are miserable

Any thoughts on fruit? Are watermelon and a banana too much fruit? I think I need to work more veggies in as Tom suggested....

27 days to go!

Day 4 and Day 5

Breakfast

Hash... sweet potato, onion, green pepper, squash, 2 bacon and an egg

Lunch

cuban sandwich sans bread and cheese, broccoli and cauliflower

Dinner

turkey, sweet potato, zucchini

snack

lettuce, turkey, pickle

Day 5

Breakfast

hash - yellow squash, onion, green pepper, turkey

Lunch

pork, avocado (lunch was brought in and I made the best choices possible there were no veggies without cheese sooooooo)

Dinner

pork chop, 2 eggs, green beans

No leg cramps.. slept all night without getting up to go to the bathroom... am noticing I'm a bit heavy on protein and light on veggies

Day 6

Breakfast

eggs and turkey

Lunch

zucchini, onion, garlic

turkey

fruit salad

snack

avocado, lemon juice, sea salt and olive oil

Dinner

lettuce leaf, turkey and pickle "sandwich" x3

snack

apple and almond butter

Today was tough. Craving pizza. Did alright in spite of the cravings...

24 days to go

Keep up the great work, Annie! I promise it only gets easier as the days go by. I'm on day 20 and to be honest it feels like yesterday was just day 5, time flies once you hit the 5-7 day mark :)

Annie, you're doing amazing! Looks like you got lots of veggies and protein in:) I agree with Shaunna, the beginning is always a little rocky, but things start to fall into place after the one week mark. I read somewhere that it takes 2 weeks to form solid habits so don't feel discouraged, you're actually in the process of forming lifelong awesome habits :D Please continue to kick butt!

Well, crimeny! I just bought the Success Guide ($40 is a high price for an 85 page pdf which is why I delayed, but I digress).. I learned that peas are considered a legume and not allowed.. snap peas are allowed... green beans are okay.. but not peas.. okay. I'll decide on day 30 if I'm going to count that as a cheat and add 3 days to my Whole30..

I haven't finished the Success Guide yet... and when I do I'll comment in full on the contents and whether it lives up to the $40 price.

Day 7 in progress

23 days to go

Day 7

Breakfast

Hash - turkey apple zucchini onion

Lunch

spaghetti squash and meat sauce

Dinner

spaghetti squash and meat sauce

apple and almond butter

Snack

Larabar

Really really really really struggling today. Ready to quit. Questioning why I'm doing this. Sugar. Must. Have. Sugar. and cold. I want something cold and sugary. Or bread - just a whole wheat english muffin. Sigh. We'll see.

7 days down

23 to go (maybe)

Annie...you CAN DO THIS! Our mind can tell us SO MANY things that we want to justify or cave into, and our body is following along too. Going through an extremely difficult day like this can be taxing and overwhelming, but just know that what you are doing is absolutely best for you and your body. I know it doesn't seem like that at times because even a thought of short-term satisfaction seems overpowering. Stay strong and keep your mind on other things you enjoy and try not to focus on the constant nudge for food. You can (and will) succeed! I look forward to your posts!

If you haven't read this yet, give it a read: http://whole9life.com/2012/04/change-your-habits-part-2-willpower/

Hey, hang in there! Sugar cravings are devious, don't let them talk you out of doing your thing. You are doing great. Once you get to week three you'll probably be amazed at how easy this can be and how awesome you feel. Might not seem like it now, but it's worth it!

Do you ever eat beef? I've found after experimentation that eating eggs/poultry/veg during the day and then beef/fish/veg/a little fruit for supper leaves me feeling pretty darn happy. That's kind of splitting hairs, but sometimes a little thing can make a big difference.

Archived