Hi everyone! 

It has been way too long. Last time I tried to do one of these logs didn't go very successfully, as I gave up halfway through. But I am determine to make it through this round, get healthier, and go back to feeling good about myself. I've successfully done three rounds of the Whole30, but have also had two or three fails. I love the Whole30 because at the end of the thirty days, my skin clears up, I stop biting my newly stronger nails, I sleep better at night, and I just feel all around better. 

Besides all of those wonderful benefits, I also need to do this reset because lately I haven't had any control over what I eat. I've been constantly obsessing about bad food and reaching for it whenever I get the chance because I can't stop the voices in my head. It is my hope that with this round I will stop the cravings, and relearn how to eat better. 

Thanks for reading and I hope you tune in and share with me some of your experiences as you do the Whole30!

Day 1 log to follow at the end of the day!

Day 1: June 1, 2017

Breakfast: 2 Hardboiled eggs, .5 cup homefries, 2 pineapple rounds, .5 cup cantaloup, .75 banana

Lunch: 1cup kale, 2Tbsp salsa, baby carrots, sautéed zucchini and onion, 5 slices ham, 1 cup cantaloup

Dinner: Bunless beef burger, sautéed peppers onions and zucchini, mixed green salad with tomatoes and balsamic vinegar, grapes

Snack: Granny Smith apple and pine nuts

Drinks: Water and 3 cups of coffee

Goals: First day back at this and I had too much fruit. Tomorrow I plan on sticking to 2-3 servings of fruit, and I would like to increase my water intake. I am going to start working out again tomorrow with a cardio workout and ab focus. Gonna rock it out!

So I decided to start this round as in the midst of travel. To put it simply, I failed. Airplane food is not Whole30 compliant. I was hoping to make my Whole30 exactly a month long experience but that was unrealistic. So instead I am officially starting today, June 5th. I am home and have nothing preventing me from succeeding in this round other than myself but I am determined to see Day 30.

So here we are. Here is the start of my first day. I will post the rest at the end of the day or first thing tomorrow. 

Day 1: June 5, 2017

Breakfast: Kale, 2 eggs, salsa, 1 cup of coffee, 2 cups of water

Lunch: Kale, chicken breast, .5 avocado, sauteed zucchini and onion, banana, 1 cup of coffee, 2 cups of water

Day 1 (continued): 

Dinner: Steak, peas, potato, salad, water

Exercise: Yoga

Day 2: 6/6

Breakfast: 2 eggs, kale, peas, .5 avocado, coffee, 2 cups water

Lunch: Cashews, Rx bar, coffee, banana

Dinner: Tomato vegetable soup, chicken breast, peas

Exercise: Cardio--1.5 miles, shoulder and bicep muscle training, yoga

25 minutes ago, onekate716 said:

Day 1 (continued): 

Dinner: Steak, peas, potato, salad, water

Exercise: Yoga

Day 2: 6/6

Breakfast: 2 eggs, kale, peas, .5 avocado, coffee, 2 cups water

Lunch: Cashews, Rx bar, coffee, banana

Dinner: Tomato vegetable soup, chicken breast, peas

Exercise: Cardio--1.5 miles, shoulder and bicep muscle training, yoga

Peas? If these are green peas, they are not allowed (no legumes). :( Snow peas and snap peas are OK. 

Day 3: 6/7

Breakfast: 2 eggs, kale, .5 avocado, coffee and water

Lunch: Chicken breast, kale and mixed salad greens, .5 avocado, apple, coffee and water

Dinner: Cauliflower, green beans, orange bell pepper, beets, kale, red onion, dried mango, water

Exercise: none :(

Day 4: 6/8

Lunch: Chicken breast, kale and mixed salad greens, .5 avocado, banana, coffee and water

Dinner: Beef burger (bunless), potato salad made with potatoes, sautéed orange bell pepper, onion, kale, and zucchini, and dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, served over mixed salad greens and tomato. Nectarine, water

Exercise: none :(

Over the next few days I would like to increase my water intake and limit myself to only one cup of coffee. 

Day 5: 6/9

Breakfast: 2 eggs, kale, .5 avocado, cherry tomatoes, coffee and water

Lunch: Nectarine, baby carrots, rx bar, dried mango, cashews, water

Dinner: Salad with grilled chicken, tomato, spinach, and mandarin orange, (no dressing) water

Exercise: None 

I went out with friends and didn't feel the desire to drink anything! 

Day 6: 6/10

Lunch: Chicken breast, potato salad made with potatoes, sautéed orange bell pepper, onion, kale, and zucchini, and dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, served over mixed salad greens, 1 banana with almond butter coffee and water

Snack: Dried mango and pineapple, Lemonade GT Kombucha

Dinner: Salmon, zucchini, and onion (all baked together in parchment paper), potato salad made with potatoes, sautéed orange bell pepper, onion, kale, and zucchini, and dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Exercise: None (Got to get back on it!)

Day 7: 6/11

Lunch: potato salad with potatoes, sautéed orange bell pepper, onion, kale, and zucchini, and dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, 1 banana with almond butter, raisins, water

Snack: Dried persimmons

Dinner: Steak, potato salad (see above), mixed green salad, water

Week review: Had a strong start this week but by the end I was snacking on dried fruit way too much and not being active enough. I have four goals for this upcoming week:

1. I'm going to cut out dried fruit. 

2. I would like to add more exercise in to my schedule.

3. I will increase my daily water intake.

4. I will try and limit myself to only one cup of coffee per day. 

Here's to Week 2!

Day 8: 6/12

Breakfast: 2 eggs, kale, cherry tomatoes, coffee and water

Lunch: Chicken breast, potato salad made with potatoes, sautéed orange bell pepper, onion, kale, and zucchini, and dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, served over mixed salad greens, 1/2 cup of coffee and water

Dinner: Steak, cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, mixed salad with balsamic vinegar, cherries, grapes, water

Too much fruit today, will limit tomorrow.

Day 9: 6/13

Breakfast: 2 eggs, kale, salsa, coffee and water

Lunch: Banana, Rxbar, water, baby carrots, water

Snack: Cherries

Dinner: 1 sausage, olives, baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, cherries, water

It has been 95 degrees here the last two days which is why I haven't exercised. Lame excuse, I know but my house is not air conditioned and my work days have been a bit intense this week. 

Day 10: 6/14

Lunch: Chicken breast, spring salad mix, cherry tomatoes, grapes, water

Dinner: Beets, snap peas, green beans with almonds, sliced red and orange bell pepper, red onion, cauliflower, orange, cherries, water

Exercise: Nadda

Day 11: 6/15

Breakfast: 2 eggs, kale, salsa, grapes, coffee and water

Lunch: Chicken breast, spring salad mix, cherry tomatoes, apple, water

Dinner: Beef burger, potato salad (see lunch from day 8), salad mix, cherries, dried mangos, water, lemonade kombucha

Exercise: over 15,000 steps with my fitbit

Day 12: 6/16

Lunch: Chicken breast, spring salad mix, potato salad (see previous meals), cherries, water

Dinner: Turkey breast, spinach, potato salad (see previous meals), cherries, water

Day 13: 6/17

Breakfast: 2 eggs, kale, .5 avocado, salsa, coffee and water

Lunch: beef burger, shredded lettuce, 2 tomato slices, 1 onion slice, banana, water, coffee

Dinner: Rx bar, mango apple and chia seed bar, water

Day 14: 6/18

Lunch: 3 egg omelet with tomato, mushroom, and spinach, potato side, cherries, coffee

Dinner: Salmon fillet, spinach, tomato, onion, grapes water, 3 slices of baked potato, water

Day 15: 6/19

Lunch: Sausage, cherry tomatoes, spinach, potato salad, grapes, water, coffee

Dinner: Beef burger, spinach, tomato, onion, grapes, water

Day 16: 6/20

Breakfast: 1 egg, kale, .5 avocado, salsa, coffee and water

Lunch: Chicken breast, spinach, tomato, cantaloupe, water, coffee

Dinner: Whole30 cookbook Mexican salmon cakes with mango (sub pineapple) relish, spinach, tomato, onion, water

Day 17: 6/21

Breakfast: 1 egg, kale, salsa, coffee and water

Lunch: Whole30 cookbook Mexican salmon cakes with mango (sub pineapple) relish, spinach, apple, water, coffee

Dinner: Sausage, salad greens, .5 baked potato, sauteed peppers and onions, tomato, cantaloupe, water, tea

Day 18: 6/22

Breakfast: 2 eggs, kale, salsa, grapes coffee and water

Lunch: Chicken breast with mango (sub pineapple) relish, spinach, potato salad (from above), apple, water, coffee

Dinner: Rx bar, water

Day 19: 6/23

Breakfast: 2 eggs, kale, salsa, pepper and onions, pineapple coffee and water

Lunch: Dried pineapple, cashews, water, tea

Dinner: Tuna salad with tuna, onion, parsley, tomato, olive oil, chili flake, lemon, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper, olives, and capers; grapes, water

Day 21: 6/25

Breakfast: 2 eggs, kale, salsa, sautéed mushrooms and onions, coffee and water

Lunch: Chicken breast, sautéed mushrooms and onions, grapes, water, coffee

Dinner: Compliant Quiche (recipe inspired by Paleo Running Momma) with mushrooms, onions, spinach and sweet potato crust; dried dates, .5 grapefruit, pine nuts

Day 22: 6/26

Breakfast: 2 eggs, kale, salsa, sautéed mushrooms, onions and spinach, coffee and water

Lunch: Compliant Quiche (recipe inspired by Paleo Running Momma) with mushrooms, onions, spinach and sweet potato crust, kale, .5 grapefruit

Dinner: Almond butter, dried pineapple, cashews, grapes, water

Day 23: 6/27

Breakfast: 2 eggs, kale, salsa, coffee and water

Lunch: Almonds, cashews, and raisins, banana with almond butter, grapes, water

Dinner: Dried apples and figs, tea

Day 24: 6/28

Breakfast: 2 eggs, kale, salsa, coffee and water

Lunch: Compliant Quiche (recipe inspired by Paleo Running Momma) with mushrooms, onions, spinach and sweet potato crust, spinach, pineapple salsa, water

Dinner: Steak, sauteed portobello  mushrooms, spring salad mix, dried mango

Day 25: 6/29

Breakfast: 2 eggs, spinach, mushrooms, pineapple salsa, coffee and water

Lunch: Compliant Quiche (recipe inspired by Paleo Running Momma) with mushrooms, onions, spinach and sweet potato crust, spinach, tomates, banana, water

Dinner: rx bar, grapes, water

Day 26: 6/30

Breakfast: 2 eggs, spinach, mushrooms, pineapple salsa, coffee and water

Lunch: Compliant Quiche (recipe inspired by Paleo Running Momma) with mushrooms, onions, spinach and sweet potato crust, banana, nuts, water, coffee

Dinner: Rx bar, grapes, cherries, steak, water

Archived