Checking my meal plans

So I'm on day 3 and so far so good, But I wanted to check on where I need to make changes in my meal plan.  I keep waffling between whether I have too much or too little of something.  My wife and I are doing this together but I'm the planner and the cook :)  I know I need to get rid of the snacks, but as I keep thinking maybe I didn't get enough fat/protein.    I hope to be dialed in on my meals soon.  Also, I know nuts are not recommended, but I like to have a Almonds in my diet for heart health.  I have suffered from high blood pressure since a teenager.   However if I need to let go of those I will.

I premade a breakfast casserole that consisted of 8 eggs, 1lb ground pork, 2 sweet potatoes, 1 Bell Pepper, 1/2 cup almond milk, seasonings cut in 6 servings 

Day 1

Breakfast:

1 Serving Breakfast casserole

Lunch:

1 Serving Avocado Egg Salad (1/2 avocado, 3 HB eggs, lime, salt) 

Chopped Salad with Vinaigrette  (Cabbage, Romaine, Greens, olive oil, lemon juice)

Dinner

4 Cabbage rolls (stuffing: ground beef/pork, cauliflower rice, bell pepper, onion)

Snack

Handful of almonds (I decided I needed a fat and was hungry before bed)

Day 2

Breakfast:

Same as Day 1 but added some fruit and almonds

Lunch:

Chicken Salad (Homemade mayo, Shredded chicken, celery, grapes)

Chopped Salad (from Day 1)

Snack:

Handful of Almonds  (It was a long day and when I got home I was starving so I had some almonds to satisfy me till dinner ready)

Dinner

Same as Day 1

Day 3

Breakfast

Same as Day 2

Lunch (packed not eaten yet)

Chicken salad from Day 2

Romaine Salad (1 head Baby Romaine, grape tomatoes, olive oil and apple cider vinegar dressing)

Dinner (Planning)

Zucchini Spaghetti

Tomato Sauce (from whole30 book and Ground Meat)

Maybe add some Ghee to zucchini here if I need a fat

• Moderators

Hey there - You're on the right track, but you could use some more veggies with Meal 1 (and overall) and I don't see fat listed in any meal except lunches?

Definitely see if you can't increase your meals so that you don't need the snacks.  If you want the almonds, you could put them on your lunch salad, but be aware that nuts and seeds are recommended to be limited due to their unbalanced fat profile... we say limited is about a closed handful every other day at most... 

I added Almonds to Breakfast on day 2/3, because I saw I was missing a fat there.   I can change that to half and avocado I was gong to this morning, but it didn't sound appealing at the time.  And Yes I think dinner is missing a fat so tonight I guess should add some ghee on the zucchini.   

Archived