Trying hard to start whole30 a second time!

whole30journey

Hi everybody

I´m a 34 year old female and last fall i heard about Whole30 and was really at rock bottom phycically so I gave it a chance and did whole40 but at that point I got very tierd and aftur feeling really low in energy between day 30-40 I gave up. Found out a few days later that I my blood values where low and also my iron. I always regret stopping because besides the energy problem this method of eating made me feel really good, I lost weight, slept better, felt better and I even had my period x2 during those 40 days, but I have PCOS so that had not happen to me in a long time. 

Since January this year I have been trying to start again but some health issues have always gotten in the way and I was never fully able to commit to the process but now I am and I started today. I found out what was my issue between days 30-40 so I am ready for that if it happens again. I will start with 30 days but I wanna do longer so small steps :)

So here I go again!

P.S. English is not my first language so I might make some grammar mistakes :D

Hello, I'm curious how your re-introductions went at the end of your first one, and also why you decided to do more than 30 days in the first place.  Did you make any permanent changes due to what you learned through the post-30 re-introduction phase?

When you did the Whole30 before, how many meals per day did you eat and what was in a typical meal for you?  

Hi @Ginsky

I really did not do a reintroduction at all when I quit. But I did stay on track because I had surgery coming up in beginning of November which I wanted to be in good shape for. I would say come December and all that comes with December and Christmas I just always fell further from the Whole30. 

The plan was always in the beginning to do just 30 days to try but then I was feeling very good and happy with how I felt and how my body was responding to the changes I made in my diet so I decided to go for at least 60 days and then maybe more. But come day 40 I just could not do it anymore, I really was not getting my energy up, tried eating more but I do crossfit 3-4x per week but nothing changed. After months of not really being able to put my finger on why that happend but I sat down with a doctor the other day and I think we figured out what was going on and some extra steaks should have done the trick at the time. So now I have a plan if this happens again.

I have about 40-50kg to go until me and my boyfriend want to start TTC and with my PCOS and related issues this seems to help the most. And after I started taking in sugar again my periods have not been present again. So I clearly I am very sensitive to sugar so I want to try to do an extanded version........babysteps in 30days intervals hahaha :D  

@whole30journey, please be sure to read up on the re-introduction phase and commit to doing that carefully this time.  The information you learn during that time is vital and is pretty much the point of doing the first 30 days.  Even if you want to go longer, I would really encourage you to do the re-introductions after only 30 days, gather all your information during that period, keep notes, and then go back to whole30 if you wish for however many more days you want to go.  

I wish you the best of luck with your goals.  

Archived