Powdered Collagen (Vital Proteins) vs Collagen Tablets

Hi gang, 

I was just wondering if someone might be able to explain whether there is an advantage to taking a powdered collagen supplement (like Vital Proteins) over collagen tablets?  I have collagen tablets that I purchased before I started Whole30.  They don't have any non-compliant additives.   The only drawback is that they are large tablets and the serving size is 6, so anyone that has difficulty swallowing "horse pills" would have trouble with this.  I don't have trouble with that, but are the Vital Proteins nutritionally superior?  One thing I did notice is that mine don't state they are from pasture-raised, grass fed beef.  Does this mean they are loaded with toxins?  Not sure how much gets stored in proteins as opposed to toxins typically being stored in fat.  I do try and buy pasture raised, organic, certified humane meats but I just wasn't thinking when I grabbed the collagen supplements.  Now I don't really want to be wasteful.  Pic of what I have and the nutrition facts attached. 

Thanks! 

collagen.JPG

• Administrators

We can't really tell whether or not the product you have is filled with toxins, but the point of using a supplement like this from properly raised cattle (which they will definitely advertise/state if that is what they are doing) is that toxins do get stored in connective tissue. The animals that are properly raised are generally healthier which means the supplements that come from their parts/tissues will generally be healthier. 

It's impossible for us here to say whether you will still experience or not experience benefits from the product you have though. 

Archived