Start date July 16th

So I have done a strict whole 30 before... and I know what kind of place I have to be in to do that.  Generally an unstressful time when I have availability on the weekends to meal plan and cook-up a bunch of stuff.  That is not my life right now, but I have to do something.  I am gaining weight rapidly and I am just kind of feeling more depressed lately and I am eating out like 2 meals a day.  So please don't judge my whole 30 log harshly.  It will be the best I can do.  I work full time and I have two kids under 5, and I am studying for my professional engineering licensing exam.

Start Date: July 16th

Breakfast:  Lots of eggs

Lunch: Some gluten free sweet potato crackers (which I will never eat again- they are processed obviously and they were disgusting), and a smoothie made from frozen banana, cocoa powder, almond milk, and protein powder.

Dinner:  Tuna patties and steamed broccoli

Lots of sparkling water throughout the day to get me through.  I consider my broccoli today a win because I haven't made a vegetable in over a month probably.  So remember don't judge.  I will take a multvitamin until I adjust to my new whole30 lifestyle of making more veggies.

I weighed myself this morning.  I won't plan to weigh myself at all for the next month, but I decided to get a starting weight.  211.6.  I was 181 in March.  So I gained 30 pounds in 4 months.  Seems a little unreal, but somehow I did that to myself.  I went from never eating out to eating out twice a day at least.  That will do it!  Especially making unhealthy choices.   Anyway, out with the old and in with the new.

What I actually ate 7/17:

Eggs and some fruit.

Salad for lunch (romaine, some spinach leaves, tomatoes, chicken, and olive oil- vinegar.)

85% dark chocolate

A couple of middle eastern treats (very small) and I honestly have no idea the ingredients, but it was probably a no-no.

My husband said he was going to make soup, but I got home from work to see that the grocery list was still hanging on the fridge and vegetable beef soup unmade so I had some rice chex with almond milk.  I will get groceries and try harder tomorrow :( I didn't stop at starbucks today, so that was a win!

• Moderators

Hey there - 

Congrats on your wins as you've written them!  I'm moving your log to the Post Whole30 Log section.  Our members often look through eachother's logs to get inspiration and see what others are doing and as you are not doing a Whole30 (chocolate, treats, protein shakes, rice chex, crackers), this is not the right spot, but please keep posting and working on your food freedom :)

Wow, the moderators haven't changed here. I am doing a whole 30.  I am not post-whole 30.  I am pre-whole30.  That means I am working up to whole30-only compliant foods but starting today regardless because it's better to make healthier choices today than planning to do it in the future.  I am hoping to keep refining my choices as I get better at shopping and meal planning.  For someone with 2 kids,works full time, and is studying for a major exam, the way I am starting my whole 30 is just fine.  Stop judging.  I am not counting my days yet, am I?  When I get to day 1 of totally compliant foods I will let you know and post DAY 1 at the top.

....10 minutes later and I am still thinking about how moderators should be more careful about what they say because people like me that are maybe eating 90% paleo and drastically improved their lifestyle overnight have no right to be criticized.  This log is for myself and myself only.  So please only write something to make me feel proud of what I am doing, or don't post at all.  Otherwise, being overly sensitive, I am afraid I might quit or go back to my old lifestyle.

What I ate 7/18

Eggs for breakfast, 85% dark chocolate

BIG salad for lunch- lots of veggies, olive oil and vinegar, and chicken

I am missing enough choices at home to eat for dinner yet because my husband went grocery shopping today and took the beef out to thaw but the recipe won't be made until tomorrow.  I will brainstorm on a healthier option than yesterday.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, shuki_cotren said:

Wow, the moderators haven't changed here. I am doing a whole 30.  I am not post-whole 30.  I am pre-whole30.  That means I am working up to whole30-only compliant foods but starting today regardless because it's better to make healthier choices today than planning to do it in the future.  I am hoping to keep refining my choices as I get better at shopping and meal planning.  For someone with 2 kids,works full time, and is studying for a major exam, the way I am starting my whole 30 is just fine.  Stop judging.  I am not counting my days yet, am I?  When I get to day 1 of totally compliant foods I will let you know and post DAY 1 at the top.

....10 minutes later and I am still thinking about how moderators should be more careful about what they say because people like me that are maybe eating 90% paleo and drastically improved their lifestyle overnight have no right to be criticized.  This log is for myself and myself only.  So please only write something to make me feel proud of what I am doing, or don't post at all.  Otherwise, being overly sensitive, I am afraid I might quit or go back to my old lifestyle.

I'm really sorry you feel badly.  The moderators are charged with keeping the rules... PreWhole30 would still go in the same section.  We can't have people eating crackers and chocolate in the same section as people doing a by the book Whole30 because it is confusing for others; it has nothing to do with being judged, it's only a matter of where in the forum the post lives.

Archived