Starting Aug 10! Excited/nervous

jhornacek

So I'm really excited to start on Thursday!  However I am super scared. I have a big issues when it comes to textures. I don't eat salad, any leafy thing really. I'll eat spinach in soups because the texture has changed. I do eat a lot of veggies just not really anything in your typical salad. I also can't stand eggs...so I welcome any suggestions. Especially breakfast! I will say this though, I was probably the only kid growing up who wanted to eat broccoli and cauliflower! 

• Moderators
17 hours ago, jhornacek said:

So I'm really excited to start on Thursday!  However I am super scared. I have a big issues when it comes to textures. I don't eat salad, any leafy thing really. I'll eat spinach in soups because the texture has changed. I do eat a lot of veggies just not really anything in your typical salad. I also can't stand eggs...so I welcome any suggestions. Especially breakfast! I will say this though, I was probably the only kid growing up who wanted to eat broccoli and cauliflower! 

Welcome!  No problem on the raw salad greens, salad is not required for the Whole30 :)  I like to saute or steam my salad greens and coleslaw mixes and make warm salads tho, so that's something you might consider :)

As far as eggs, again, no worries, we have lots of people who won't/don't/can't eat eggs.  Go to google and search 'whole30 egg free breakfast' and you'll get tons of hits.... as far as what to eat for breakfast, most people eventually just eat whatever they ate for dinner the night before... if you think of breakfast as Meal 1 it makes it easier to eat whatever you feel like for breakfast... steak and roasted veggies, pulled pork and coleslaw, sausage and veggie skillet hash... go wild, you can eat whatever you like!

Archived