Mid reintroduction & derailed. Do I have to start over?

Shawbarry10

Hi!

I am just completing my first whole30 and am halfway through reintroduction. I have completed alcohol, soy (I did it seperately) legumes, non gluten grains and was about to start dairy when I discovered some of my non gluten had gluten and the veggies were cooked with butter (friends house for dinner)... since I'm pretty sure my issues are with gluten and dairy, do I have to start over? Or can I do a whole7/14 to get back on track and complete my reintroduction? 

Specifically I'm separating those categories into sub categories to see if yogurt or cheese is ok but milk is my issue. Or if I can have granola but pasta is off limits? That sort of thing.

I really don't want to start over, but I really want to find out what's causing my bloating (I look 6mo pregnant) & stomach pain. Any advice would be incredibly helpful. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Im not an official moderator but i figured i would chime in because i had the same issue.

Obviously this was posted a while ago and i hope you're doing well with your reintroduction and FFF! I had a similar issue, i mixed gluten grains and dairy. So i went back on whole30 for 5 days, until i felt like my new whole30 self again and then i started reintroduction again. I found that my reintroduction was longer than most, i took more than 2 days to get back to feeling good again and i wanted to make sure i truly understood what each group of foods did to my sensitive system so it was worth the wait. it may not be typical but i think reintroduction is when you should listen to your body as much as possible. So moral of the story is always wait the recommended 2 days but if you feel you didnt get a good read on something or combined 2 things you dont have to start from scratch. :) 

Archived