Stomach aches from beginning

Kaitie

Hey guys! This is my second attempt; 1st was foiled by some unexpected soy on day 20 so I decided to restart after a two week break since a friend was moving and I wanted a bit of freedom to celebrate. I'm now on day 18 of my attempt, but both times have been experiencing painful stomach aches after meals. 

I didn't have any issues before I started, and my diet wasn't excellent, but I did eat a lot of fruits and veggies, so it's a little frustrating that the diet that's supposed to help with gut problems is making mine way worse :P

My meals are pretty dull. Just ate an egg and a sausage with bell peppers, carrots, and celery. I often have an omelet with bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, spinach, and bacon at work, or a salad with grilled chicken, egg, avocado, and tomatoes. It's summer, so I've been eating lots of fresh fruit (omg so much watermelon!!!!), and some nights I'll grill up a burger with sweet potato fries and grilled asparagus.

Might it be too much fiber? Should I try cooking more of my veg? I mostly have them raw because I'm lazy :P

thoughts?

Hey @Kaitie

Sorry to hear you're suffering from stomach aches. It's difficult to comment without knowing exactly what you've been eating but you have mentioned a few problematic foods - and even foods that were fine before can become problematic when we eat them in volume & over-expose our gut to them.

Of the foods you've listed eggs, peppers, onion, celery, avocado, tomato, asparagus & sweet potato can all cause tummy ache but for different reasons, as can too much fruit.

It might be helpful if you're not already doing so to keep a food diary so we can see EXACTLY how your meals are composed, which would give us a better indication of the volume of certain foods you're eating, and may well highlight any patterns.

If you have a food log, then please feel free to post a few days worth of your meals here for us to take a look at.

Archived