Cheese!

gboyum

I have two days left in my whole 30 and I have a confession. I bought some Brie cheese, and I have been looking at it in the fridge, counting down the days until cheese and I are reunited. I am also already planning to buy a block of Gjetost, one of my favorite treats, for Thanksgiving. I watch my husband snack on chips, candy, and ice cream and I could care less, but I am dying for cheese.

I have been reading the posts on how to move ahead post-whole 30, and I do plan to slowly reintroduce. I am starting with dairy, while keeping out grains and added sugar.

Any other people out there who do dairy? It really seems to be frowned upon in the paleo community. Before the Whole 30 I was following the WAP guidelines which include raw and fermented dairy, and I hope to continue with that diet.

I introduced cheese today (first day off whole30). I'd been looking forward to it; a cream cheese like a soft chèvre with my morning omelet, a wedge of camembert and I still have a pice of a nice Danish goat's cheese waiting for me. But... So far it hasn't tasted as nice as it usually does. Rather 'meh', though not quite 'blech'. I'm a little disappointed because I used to rather like cheese and I haven't had any physical reactions to it, nor to the glass of milk I had at lunch. The cheese seemed sort of bland and not really interesting. I feel a bit put out by it.

I've seen a few people who said they didn't enjoy the taste of their favorite cheeses as much. I did Not have that problem :), but a smaller piece is satisfying. I made sure to really appreciate and savor that cheese (for me, drunken goat cheese, and good real Parm).

On dairy, I've seen several people here on the forum, and my sister as well, that found dairy was a trigger for sweet cravings. I myself haven't experienced that, and found the icecream I tried to be too sweet. Overall, aside from butter (baking), the above mentioned cheeses and cream on occassion (scratch hot chocolate) I don't really use much dairy anymore.

Archived