Camping Trip

clucido

Anyone have ideas for staying as compliant as possible on a camping trip? My boyfriend and I are planning on going to the smoky mountains for four days next week. I am currently on day 26, so I will be past my whole30 by the time we leave, but I still want to try to stay as close to my current eating habits as possible.

We will be staying in a hotel a few nights, but plan on camping at least 1-2 nights. I read the article "what's in your cooler" and got some great tips, and I think I'll be okay during our hotel stay, but I'm more concerned about the camping portion. I'll be bringing a cooler, and probably will be okay for the first day of camping, but the second day I'm not so sure.

Any ideas of what to bring or how to stay compliant? Thanks!!!

All the food and suggestions from the article "what's in your cooler" will last you for the 1-2 days that you are out camping. So simply pack enough food and ice. As long as you have enough ice your food will be just fine and you will able to stay compliant. Does this answer your question? or are you looking for ideas for camping food?

Well I'm worried about the ice situation, and I read that the campgounds do not let you cook over the campfire as to not attract bears from the food residue, and we don't have a camping burner/grill, so I'm worried about getting enough protein. I'm probably just over thinking things!

Archived