Advice on Delaying Reintroduction Foods

I will have completed my first Whole30 on October 1st.

I have also been invited to attended a writer's retreat/ workshop from October 5th-8th.

I will not have access to a stove or refrigerator so, I will not have full control over my food options.

I earned a place at the retreat by winning an essay scholarship.

I have the following two options:

1. Cancel the retreat and complete my reintroduction at home. 

2. Attempt to extend the Whole30 on the foods available at the retreat??? 

3. Attempt a second Whole30, after the retreat.

I worked really hard to overcome my sugar cravings but I also want to attend this retreat...

3 hours ago, Yolanda C. said:

I will have completed my first Whole30 on October 1st.

I have also been invited to attended a writer's retreat/ workshop from October 5th-8th.

I will not have access to a stove or refrigerator so, I will not have full control over my food options.

I earned a place at the retreat by winning an essay scholarship.

I have the following two options:

1. Cancel the retreat and complete my reintroduction at home. 

2. Attempt to extend the Whole30 on the foods available at the retreat??? 

3. Attempt a second Whole30, after the retreat.

I worked really hard to overcome my sugar cravings but I also want to attend this retreat...

Congrats on finishing a Whole30! That's a pretty big accomplishment. It sounds like this writer's retreat is also a pretty big deal, I mean you won your spot! That's also an amazing accomplishment, so I definitely wouldn't think you'd want to cancel.

I think there may be a few things you could do: call ahead of time and ask about the meal options and see if they can accommodate paleo or a gluten-free/dairy-free diet.  

You have a few days to do reintroductions, so perhaps take one of those days to try something that will likely show up at the retreat. I had a very similar experience at the end of my first Whole30, so I reintroduced gluten and found that I didn't have many consequences from that, but I really needed to stay away from dairy if I wanted to enjoy my conference. That gave me very valuable information and opened up my food choices considerably. 

I also ended up doing the 3rd option on your list as well, so I just finished my 2nd Whole30 and am now going to reintroduce the things that I didn't have time to properly reintroduce at the end of my first one. I've enjoyed my 2nd Whole30 and learned some new things that I didn't learn the first time. 

Archived