Lauraska is baaaaack!

lauraska

Day 3, 2.0

Busy day, capped by a community meeting where I toured an elementary school while feeding my toddler son a piece of pizza but didn't eat a morsel of it!

Breakfast - paleo biscuit, two eggs, compliant breakfast sausage. Black coffee from Starbucks

Lunch - leftover chili and kale

Dinner - leftover chicken red curry

I was on the road for work yesterday so I didn't post, but I stuck with the program!

Friday

Breakfast - again, I made it ahead of time and ate before I left. Paleo biscuit, sausage, egg. Black coffee from Au Bon Pain at the train station.

Lunch - I ate at Grand Central Station. I decided to go to a Thai food stand and probably freaked out the ladies with all my questions. Ended up getting an order of chicken red curry and told them to keep the serving of rice they offered with it. Got some funny looks with that one.

Dinner - We ordered chinese, but I just got steamed chicken and veggie and again skipped the rice.

Today

Breakfast - same as Friday

Lunch - leftover chocolate chil and kale

Dinner - Grilled strip steak with roasted brussel sprouts.

Days 6 and 7

Sunday

Breakfast - the usual

Lunch - didn't really have lunch because breakfast was late

Dinner - roasted chicken thighs with artichoke hearts, turnips, and sun dried tomatoes.

Monday

Breakfast - yup, the usual, but this time I made my own batch of biscuits and added chopped kalamata olives and fresh rosemary to sort of cut the coconut flavor because I tend to get tired of the constant coconut flavor with all the coconut flour, milk, oil, etc. They are delicious!

Lunch - We had a surprise lunch party at work to celebrate a big milestone for our office this week - a fundraising campaign closing. There were huge trays of pasta, a green salad, and wraps. I got a big ol' plate of salad, put balsamic vinegar on it, and emptied the plain roasted chicken breast out of a wrap. And I skipped dessert. :)

Dinner - Zucchini "boats" with curried spiced lamb.

I know this isn't totally about weight loss, but today I tried on a dress that I bought for our big campaign closing celebration on Thursday. I bought it in a size smaller because I own a dress by the same company in the bigger size which is now too big on me. I was still nervous about it fitting, but it fit like a glove and it looks AMAZING. I'm so excited for Thursday!

Sigh.

Three times' a charm, right?

I just can't seem to get into a routine with this and stay on track. Two weeks ago it was a week long trip to California and Nevada for work. This past week it was the crazy frenetic lead-up to the biggest event my office has ever organized. The hilarious part is that my eating went to shit before the event, but AT the event there was a raw bar and some salad, which comprised my very compliant dinner. But there were a couple drinks that night, so...

So here we are, Round 3, Day 1. I've had two completely successful Whole30s already...what the heck is wrong with me?

Breakfast - compliant breakfast sausage, egg, paleo biscuit, black coffee

Lunch - grilled chicken leg and thigh leftover from superbowl, green beans, orange

Dinner - ground chicken stirfry. I spent a good while last night cutting all of the vegetables and preparing the stirfry sauce so that I could make this quickly and easily tonight, without any excuses.

Hoping to hit the gym tonight, too. Fingers crossed.

Nothing is wrong with you! I've admitted on here before that I still nosedive into poor choices for a week or so before I snap out of it. It's not a big deal! Once you get the first W30 success under your belt, everything after that is just feedback.

What's your trigger? Why are you making those choices? Are you weighing the costs and benefits of your choices? Everything is just more information, which is never a bad thing!

My trigger is definitely stress. I'm at a really pivotal point with my career right now, and anticipate moving up very soon as there are changes afoot in my department. But at the same time, I know I still need to keep proving myself and my Type A personality would never really let me rest on my laurels anyway. I definitely tend to go off track, eating-wise, when I start thinking about my to-do list and the pressures (even if they are welcomed) of moving up. I seek comfort and find it in the "no no" foods. I just need to find other outlets - such as more regular visits to the gym - for my energies. That's hard with a toddler at home, especially after I've put him to bed and prepped all our meals for the next day. I'm working on creating better prep systems over the weekend so that my food to-dos aren't as intense on a daily basis.

Day 2, 3.0

Breakfast - my usual

Lunch - leftover stirfry

Dinner - compliant sausage and a heaping plate of sauteed kale

Sigh. I'll be starting over again. AGAIN.

I'm not sure why I was able to complete two Whole30s with no issues and this one is so difficult. It's incredibly frustrating. I have never been a girl with a sweet tooth. My vices were always the savories, which is why the meat/veg focus of paleo is so helpful to me. But this last month or so, I've had uncontrollable urges to eat chocolate and cereal - not sugary cereal, mind you, just a big bowl of wheat chex with milk. The urges always come right after a nice paleo meal, not in between meals. I don't know why?

Has anyone else had this experience? Did you add/subtract something from your plan to combat it? I'm not a fruit addict. I have maybe one serving of fruit with breakfast, but the urges for sugar/cereal come after lunch or dinner. Grrrr!

Archived