Day 3 and LOVING It!

Cadence

Hi! My name is Cadence and I'm on my third day of Whole30. I can't even remember how I stumbled across it Tuesday evening, but as soon as I read the guidelines for the program, I knew I needed to get started! I've always been a pretty "healthy" eater and firmly believe that how we eat directly affects our health - mentally and physically. But I'm not perfect by any means and with two little boys (ages 7 and 5) at home, living overseas, and my husband deployed to Afghanistan, I've slipped into some really bad habits. I had all but stopped cooking real food and just made sure my boys' bellies were full, not paying much attention to what I was filling them WITH. All the while knowing what a disservice I was doing all of us. So finding Whole30 was exactly what I needed! I've even convinced Hubby to get on board (though it's really difficult for him because he doesn't have access to very good food at all) and he convinced me we needed the Success Guide. I'm so glad he did, because I would have gotten it ALL wrong without the guide. I've spent the last three days in the kitchen and have loved every minute of it! I'm having SO much fun with this. I haven't felt this excited about food and eating in a very long time. And I feel so much better about neglecting my children because I'm busy preparing our family delicious, healthy meals than when I spend way too much time online ;) I love opening my refrigerator and seeing all those fruits and vegetables and meats and eggs. And I feel great! I'm not dealing with cravings or feeling deprived at all. I'm looking forward to all the wonderful changes I hope to see in the next 30 days and beyond!

Archived