Start 10-14

Kayla Jo

@Dragonslayer thank you for sharing! I too suffer from anxiety and depression, and I'm definitely an emotional eater. That has been a struggle for me these past 8 days but I'm determined to make it. I eat when I'm sad, mad, anxious, celebrating, etc. I'm also trying to make my house calm, and be present during the day (helps my anxiety). I try to meditate every day (never has happened but I'm trying!), and it seems to help. Trying to be in the present moment is really helpful, but yes, harder when I am alone to stop those thoughts. Do things that make you happy and that you like to do (says the pot to the kettle).  Your food sounds absolutely delicious. Too bad we aren't close (I'm assuming) or we could do a Whole30 potluck! ;-)

Happy Day 9! We are almost in double digits. I roasted some potatoes, butternut squash for a quick soup this week, pumpkin chili, and I have an Italian Pot Roast in the slow cooker. I'm going to have pork sausage, salad, and potatoes for breakfast tomorrow, and leftover soup. I'm going to remake the veggies from tonight into cakes a la the Whole 30 cookbook, poach some eggs and add some beef for dinner tomorrow. Hope your next is relaxing and you get things done that you need to. :)

Good evening! Another successful day! I made the Shepherd's Pie and it's really good! So will definitely be making that again. Today I've had 2 eggs, over-easy, 2 bacon strips (so glad to find a brand that is Whole30 compliant!). As I was cooking I finished my leftover beef patty (1/4 was left) and two Brussel sprouts. Then, the Shepherds Pie and 2 slices of tomato. Tomorrow our small group is meeting here. Yikes! They always provide sweets, so I'm not sure what I'll have. None of them are dieting, so gotta have something sweet for them. And we're having a potluck next week. I will eat before we go and plan on bringing a compliant salad. I'm going to make the Ranch Dressing and mayo. I've heard it's not that good, but I' trying to have a positive mindset that "it will be good," "it will be good." Have y'all fixed those? Hope all is going well!!!  

So sorry to hear you’re sick! Hope you’re better soon! So far so good, staying compliant. Our daughter is coming Friday so I want to fix some yummy foods and share with her. I really like the mayo and ranch dressing recipes! I believe a lot of it has to do with mindset  and I’m determined to make this work!

Same here! Doing well. This  weekend I am going on a three day writing retreat, so a bit concerned, but I’m taking some food with me. Twice I Forgot to read the ingredients and it had non-compliance items. But, just made sure I stayed away from it in the future.

Archived