How many times a day can I or am I supposed to eat?

JediChi

So, if this answer is obvious my apologies. I've searched all over the forum and 2 Whole30 books yet can't find a definitive statement/answer (maybe choosing wrong words?). How many times a day is one supposed to be eating? Just the 3 meals? No approved snacks in between? Only more than 3 meals when increasing physical activity? Or ?

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, JediChi said:

So, if this answer is obvious my apologies. I've searched all over the forum and 2 Whole30 books yet can't find a definitive statement/answer (maybe choosing wrong words?). How many times a day is one supposed to be eating? Just the 3 meals? No approved snacks in between? Only more than 3 meals when increasing physical activity? Or ?

The recommendation is 3 template meals a day spaced 4-5 hours apart, ideally no snacking altho if you need to eat between meals because you are going longer than 4-5 hours, a mini meal based on the template is recommended over fruit, nuts or other 'snacky' items.  Pre and post workout are outlined on the meal template as well.

1 hour ago, SugarcubeOD said:

The recommendation is 3 template meals a day spaced 4-5 hours apart, ideally no snacking altho if you need to eat between meals because you are going longer than 4-5 hours, a mini meal based on the template is recommended over fruit, nuts or other 'snacky' items.  Pre and post workout are outlined on the meal template as well.

Thank you so much!

Archived