Becca's Whole30/til Xmas - My fight for a 6-pack :)

paleocrossfitter3

Day 24 is done! I had a lot of energy too, except for a couple of points throughout the afternoon where I found I was probably staring at the computer for too long without getting up and walking around, which I try to do often.

I got my double workout in today and felt great. I did also have a venti americano this morning, but we'll just say that didn't have everything to do with it...

So Day 24 is in the books:

4:45 am: 1/2 banana and small cup of coffee with splash of coconut milk

5:30 workout - shoulder rehab, power cleans, ring rows, and double unders. Short and sweet.

Post-wod: since it was a shorter, less intense one, I only had a small bit of sweet potato and chicken after

8 am: 2 eggs scrambled with brussel sprouts, onions, red pepper, ground turkey thigh, 1/2 avocado, and fresh pico de gallo

Also, I had a venti americano with coconut milk.

12 pm: Spinach salad with grilled chicken breast, red pepper and onion, 1/2 avocado, olive oil/balsamic dressing. I also had about 1 cup worth of leftover stuffing (ground pork, sweet potato, celery, apple, onion, and pecans)

5:30 pm workout: Upper body and abs - lasted about an hour

Post Wod - again since it wasn't super intense or a lot, just had a small amount of sweet potato and chicken

8 pm: Full grilled chicken breast, sauteed brussel sprouts, mushrooms, and onions, and 1/4 sweet potato with cinnamon

Also sipped on 1/2 bottle of kombucha tonight.

I think the 4:30 am wake up call this morning wore my out so I am starting to get pretty sleepy. I'm excited to doze off tonight for a full 8-9 hours of good sleep! Then Day 25 tomorrow! So close and feel like I've learned a lot about myself so far this whole30.

Nuts = no good for me. They make me bloated

Fat - Maybe I should cut down to less than a full avocado/day

Carbs - I have been taking in a lot more carbs with nearly a full sweet potato a day and I don't think I need all of those.

Challenges - I struggle with snacking on the weekends and when I'm around the house too much. On weekdays I don't snack because I don't have my fridge near by. I need to figure out a way to keep myself occupied during my down time on the weekends.

Good night everyone! 5 days left!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, so today is day 25 and I struggled a little bit. I know its bad, but I'm just kind of to the point of wanting to be done. Im sort of starting to go crazy because I'm not seeing a ton of results, and its so late in the whole30 that changing anything now would be kind of a moot point, but I think I've learned some things that I'll implement in the future after this whole30.

I don't like rest days. I get home too early, and especially today because there was supposedly a 'blizzard' coming so they let everyone leave work at 3. I got home by 4:15 and was starving (or I thought I was). I started looking through the pantry, the fridge, for anything! I just decided to eat 1/2 a can of tuna and then distract myself with a couple episodes of glee and I survived. I think a 1/2 a can of tuna is pretty harmless given what could have happened....

Day 25:

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled with brussel sprouts, red pepper, onion, ground turkey thigh, fresh pico de gallo, and 1/3 avocado. Coffee with coconut milk and 1/2 banana

Lunch: Spinach salad with red pepper, onion, full grilled chicken breast, 1/3 avocado, and olive oil/balsamic dressing. Also had a couple of raw carrots and probably less than 1/4 of a baked sweet potato.

Snack: Got home and ate 1/2 a can of tuna with mustard and sipped on 1/2 a bottle of kombucha.

Dinner: 2 portabella 'pizzas' - 2 portabella mushrooms stuffed with ground beef, green pepper, onion, and pizza sauce and seasonings. Popped in the oven for about 15 minutes to soften the mushrooms and boom....so GOOD!

Now its off to bed, and I don't have any work until next Thursday, so I get to wake up without an alarm!! So exciting. Day 26 tomorrow...almost there! Just one more weekend to get through!

Thats what I figure I'll end up doing from now on. Little whole15's or whole10's here and there. I've figured my body honestly doesn't change much by living my life and having a couple drinks 1 night every other week or something compared to doing a whole30. I eat clean enough as it is everyday that a whole30 didn't bring many changes. I'm okay with this, and I think I'm at an okay place with my body now too.

Anyways, I'm a little late posting, but day 26 went well and day 27 is going well so far. I'm about half-way through.

Day 26:

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled with ground turkey thigh, 1/3 avocado, fresh pico de gallo, 1/2 a banana, and coffee with coconut milk.

Lunch: spinach salad with cashews, red pepper, onion, and full grilled chicken breast and olive oil/balsamic dressing. Also had 1/2 a small sweet potato with cinnamon.

Workout at 4:30 - 150 wall balls, 90 double unders, and pull ups/ring dips. It was short and sweet

Post wod had 1/2 small sweet potato and about 1/3 of a small grilled chicken breast

Dinner: 2 stuffed poblano peppers with ground beef, tomato paste, diced green chiles, and onions. Yummy :) one of my favorites

I also sipped on a bottle of kombucha all night.

Day 26 is done, and day 27 is about half way done. Almost there! I'm ready to weigh myself and take my measurements and realize that maybe this whole30 did make some changes I'm just not seeing yet.

Archived