Emotionally Distressed

heathera

Yesterday was horrible. It was Day six, and despite my warnings to my partner, despite the fact that I have done a Whole30 previously; and we went through this last time too...I was extremely emotional; and we disagreed...I couldn't let it go...it escalated into full blown arguing. I am still feeling emotional today; and being told I am "too emotional" just pushed all the wrong buttons...please help?!

Is this type of exchange known to occur outside of your Whole30 or do you think it's your wacky Week 1 hormones? If the latter, hopefully your partner is overall supportive of your Whole30 effort and realizes it's temporary. Though saying you are "too sensitive" is a pretty general and unhelpful comment - as if you would somehow hear that "observation" and magically desensitize overnight. Ah, the things partners say. Sounds like you need an honest conversation to clear the air - but go for a nice long walk first!

Is this type of exchange known to occur outside of your Whole30 or do you think it's your wacky Week 1 hormones? If the latter, hopefully your partner is overall supportive of your Whole30 effort and realizes it's temporary. Though saying you are "too sensitive" is a pretty general and unhelpful comment - as if you would somehow hear that "observation" and magically desensitize overnight. Ah, the things partners say. Sounds like you need an honest conversation to clear the air - but go for a nice long walk first!

No, this doesn't normally occur for us...and I do believe this is the week one detox affecting my better judgement.

I think I'll take the suggestion about the walk. Thank you.

Archived