Is my thyroid medicine compliant?

Mama Bec

I've been on Naturethroid medication, but there's currently a shortage. I was switched to NP Thyroid by Acella in the meantime. The ingredients appear to be: desiccated thyroid, Calcium Stearate, Dextrose Monohydrate, Maltodextrin, Mineral oil. I don't know the source of the maltodextrin. Do I not do Whole30 or avoid taking my medication that makes me feel better?

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Mama Bec said:

I've been on Naturethroid medication, but there's currently a shortage. I was switched to NP Thyroid by Acella in the meantime. The ingredients appear to be: desiccated thyroid, Calcium Stearate, Dextrose Monohydrate, Maltodextrin, Mineral oil. I don't know the source of the maltodextrin. Do I not do Whole30 or avoid taking my medication that makes me feel better?

You follow your doctor's orders which trump whole30.  Do not stop taking meds without speaking to your doctor. :)

7 minutes ago, SugarcubeOD said:

You follow your doctor's orders which trump whole30.  Do not stop taking meds without speaking to your doctor. :)

OK, thank you!  :)

I'm also taking other supplements, but I guess I'll be checking those tonight to see if there's anything questionable in them. (They're also doctor's orders, though they're OTC instead of prescriptions.)

Archived