November 6th start date!

blessed.hotmess.mama

Welcome to day 1 of your whole 30! Congrats on taking the plunge. Jaclyn, I love your screen name! I was that mama for sure, now I’m pretty sure I’m that grandma:) a Whole30 reset (I’ve done a few) makes me less of a hot mess, at least my brain works better. It’s wine and mead for me, but within a few days, every time, I start to feel better, sleep better, etc and suddenly it doesn’t seem like that much of a sacrifice. 

I started my current whole 30 a couple of days ago, but we will be doing most of this journey together :)

missi 

Hi All!

I am starting tomorrow, 11/7, so would love to join in on this crew. This will be my 2nd Whole30 in 2 years. I know it's not ideal timing in Thanksgiving in the middle, but my stomach has flared up so badly recently that it's worth it. I've been eating paleo-ish for almost 7 years now to help manage my under-active thyroid, and it has helped a lot, mostly by allowing me to avoid unnecessary medications. However, even the "ish" lifestyle can't solve my GI issues. 

Elizabeth

Yes to the dry roasted nuts, but please read the label first! It should just be the nuts and salt, but you will be amazed an what can get added to packaged foods. Also, the Whole30 program cautions against too many nuts for a few reasons, one of which is they can often just replace unhealthy snacks for people, and the goal here is to try and break some of those mindless eating habits. However, I am someone who needs texture in my meals, so adding a few nuts to a salad is something I always do. 

As a total side note, try making the roasted nuts yourself. Buying the raw nuts is often cheaper, and it takes 10 minutes to do them yourself in the oven.

How did everyone's day go? It was rainy, and cold here all afternoon. So much so I totally skipped the gym class I enjoy going to, because warm pajama's and a blanket was seriously calling my name. This is probably the first time I've skipped a planned gym class in years! Oh well. I also made delicious spaghetti squash for dinner, with compliant tomato sauce I recently found at Costco, and turkey meatballs. The perfect meal for this weather.

I'm calling Day 1 a success!

Hi Everyone, hope i can tag along in this thread.    I've done Whole 30 before and felt great but I need to reset again as I seem to have lost my way.   I'm  stocked up and have par cooked 2 lots of different veg, made meatballs and found some W30 compliant sauces (store bought) to get me there.  I am really worried about missing my wine and cheese tho  :blink: but I'm going to have to suck it up I guess.....she says uncertainly.    It's also that party time of year so I know I  have to psych myself up and keep myself in the headspace to see this through.  I really don't want to wimp out so I'm hoping to make myself accountable and get lots of tips from you all. 

My goal is to reestablish a healthy relationship with food.  I want those NSV's and the weight loss.  I want it all!  There I said it out loud.  My plan today goes: 

Meal 1  veg hash and chicken

Meal 2  Salad with avo and salmon

Meal 3  Veg  and meatballs with sauce.  

cheers

Hi everyone! I started on 11/6 as well. Day 2 went okay today. My head was pounding at about 4pm, but I feel better already. I'm hoping I'll feel as good tomorrow. I've done elimination diets before and these first few days SUCK! The headaches are enough to make me want to stay in bed all day. 

Hi there! I'm Tracy, and I started my first Whole30 on Nov. 6th as well. I've eaten a LOT of eggs in the past two days! Thought I was ready/prepped for this, but I'm finding out I wasn't, quite.

Hoping to learn a lot--hoping to be successful in getting through all 30 days!  :)

Hi Tracy! Embrace the eggs! Although it is possible to do a Whole30 without them, I do find they are a huge lifesaver: quick, easy, versatile, and cheap! And remember, breakfast doesn't always have to be eggs, and eggs don't just have to be for breakfast! Frittatas are a wonderful dinner, and a great way to use up all sorts of random veggies.

Hi All, 

Just want to check in and see how everyone is doing? I'm going into a super busy and stressful week, which means this is going to be harder. How does everyone else deal with crazy times, while trying to remain compliant? I know different strategies work for different people. 

Happy Sunday!

Hi Everyone,

I couldn't find my way back to this site - whew - here you are.  

What has really been helping me as a supportive resource is the daily newsletter that you can sign up for with a cost of $15.  It comes each morning at about 2:00 am my time and gives all kinds of tips and what you should watch for at this point in the 30 days and such.  At the very end it  has two links - one says "I made Day 8 of the Whole30" and it takes you to a short celebratory video or quote.  The other says "I didn't make it, I need to start over." And luckily, I have not had to use that link. 

I have been really doing well with planning my meals and prepping for the week on Sunday.  I usually get some ground beef browned, chicken breasts or a rotisserie chicken at hand, and then shred cabbage, have some squash ready to roast, and things like that.  I try a different recipe out of the book each week and a couple have become my go-to's like the green cabbage slaw.

I have to travel this week so I plan on taking some cabbage slaw with an assortment of nuts and boiled eggs and even some chicken to mix up some travel meals in a cooler for my 3 days I will be gone.

I have tried to work out but I think I need to eat more - I just don't have the energy.  Yesterday I was really spent - but I think I was dehydrated as I hadn't drank as much water as I need.

I could use some tips on eating and working out.  At this point I am suppose to get a burst of energy but feeling drained.  I can't believe that my body's hunger and full signals work - and that I don't need as much food to sustain myself.  I am thinking I have to try to eat more but still want to train myself not to eat more than I need.  I have thought about just walking and such while focusing on my eating during this 30 days and then go to adding workouts again.  I may have to concentrate on one thing for now - since my eating was so out-of-whack.  Does anyone else have trouble with energy when keeping a workout schedule along with W30?

Sorry for the long post.  Glad I found you all again. :)

Hi Aje_Aje,

So glad to hear things are going well and you have the food prep down, which I think is the hardest part. I think you mostly answered your own question about exercise, and remember, we aren't even 1/2 way through yet, so lots will still change. I am a believer in one thing at a time, especially when that 1 thing is something like completely changing your thinking around food. I also happen to think walking is the best form of exercise (accessible, easy to fit into any schedule, doesn't require special equipment, etc.). I would just focus on Whole30 for right now, the added energy will come along as you find the best food balance for you. You also don't ever want exercise to become something you don't like, so please don't ever force yourself. Listen to what your body needs each day.

Archived