Sometimes I feel i'm not doing it right...

Leonora

Hey There!

Does anyone ever get the feeling "Am I doing it right?".

Last weekend we went into kitchen to cook instead of going out... We actually turned traditional dishes into W30 compliant dishes...

Ok, I may say i was not used to eating punpkin, sweet potatoes, nuts, olive oil, butter, coconut milk... 

I've been dieting for such a long time that this ingredients, specially fats and carbs scary me. 

And I tend to think that It's too much to eat...

I tend to think I might end up getting some weight....

Did anyone ever feel this way?

Tks :)

In the first few days, I noticed more energy, disappearance of negative symptoms, no between meal snacking and wieght loss (I was already thin).  I have not experienced KATT, bloating, cramps or tiger blood.  Only nauseous two times and one afternoon nap.  Feeling great at day 19!

"Am I doing it right?"... Just as it's written!

On 11/6/2017 at 10:54 AM, Leonora said:

... this ingredients, specially fats and carbs scary me. 

Day 22 - amazed at how fast this month is going!

Been eating lots of veg / fruit carbs & healthy fats and have needed to add a couple of holes to my belt (shorter).

Been eating more healthy fats at each meal for fuel to burn, especially good for working outside and gym workouts.

No longer salivate at the store walking by the fresh donuts case or the wings bar (salt & vinegar wings).

No more desires for large Reeses's Fast Break bars.

Sometimes my veg-fruit-protien-fats breakfast is enough to carry me thru the day without hungering for the next meals.

Don't be scared that it's too much to eat, trust the program - what have you got to lose?  (YMMV!)

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2017 at 10:54 AM, Leonora said:

Hey There!

Last weekend we went into kitchen to cook instead of going out... We actually turned traditional dishes into W30 compliant dishes...

Ok, I may say i was not used to eating punpkin, sweet potatoes, nuts, olive oil, butter, coconut milk... 

I've been dieting for such a long time that this ingredients, specially fats and carbs scary me. 

Did anyone ever feel this way?

Tks :)

Hi @Leonora! Have you read It Starts With Food? I think a lot of people are scared of fats and carbs! It's what we've been told for ages. I think it's why you'll see that when people are struggling and they post their meals, they're often not eating enough and not eating enough fat! I read ISWF before I started my W30 and it made a lot of sense to me. I had already thought that sugar was the devil, but ISWF honed in on the science behind fats and sugar. I also did an experiment that really convinced me - I went to my dr and had blood drawn (CBC and lipid panel) before I started W30 and then on day 30. My lipid panel changed DRASTICALLY. And I ate tons of fats and no sugar! My trigylcerides dropped ~30 points, my HDL ("good" cholesterol) went up ~25 points, my LDL ("bad" cholesterol) went down over 20 points. I'm chronically anemic from a health issue and even though I'm still anemic, my counts (hemoglobin, iron) were slightly up (as opposed to down, which would be typical) at the end of the 30 days!   Plus I lost 5 lbs (not even working out) in those 30 days - and much more since. All that convinced me for certain that dairy, grain and sugar are not my friends. But that delicious fat and even potatoes(!) could be good for me.

Don't panic about weight gain. Try it for 30 days, you can always go back to whatever other diet you've done. And like I said, I lost 5 without doing anything (I'm not a weight fluctuator, so it wasn't just a regular fluctuation) and then keeping up whole30-type eating most of the time, I dropped another 15 over 6 months. I can't believe I'm a little away from my weight goals without working out more than walking. 

Hope this gives you some motivation and faith enough to trust, just for the W30.. 

Archived