Calling all NJ Residents- Bubbakoo's Burritos

sean524

Hi all!

I am brand new to Whole30 (literally on Day 1) and I had a question, I wasn't sure if anyone knew the answer or had tried this before me; I read the thread on Chipotle, I was wondering if anyone had tried out Bubbakoo's Burritos? They have all of their nutritional information listed (attached), but I am having trouble finding ANY actual ingredients or cooking information online for each specific meat (they have a few more options than Chipotle). Any meat not allowed at Chipotle I would assume is also not allowed here, but I don't want to rule anything out without knowing how it's prepared- other than the items that are obviously a no-go! I will be going today to check if any of the meats are compliant (for us NJ residents, as they are only located here as of now), I'll report back what I find out!

Note: This obviously wouldn't be for an every day meal, as it's a safer bet (and I would prefer) to eat food I prepare myself, but in case there's an instance when I'm out of options, it's good to have one to fall back on and remain compliant!

Thanks!

Sean

Bubbakoos.pdf

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, sean524 said:

Hi all!

I am brand new to Whole30 (literally on Day 1) and I had a question, I wasn't sure if anyone knew the answer or had tried this before me; I read the thread on Chipotle, I was wondering if anyone had tried out Bubbakoo's Burritos? They have all of their nutritional information listed (attached), but I am having trouble finding ANY actual ingredients or cooking information online for each specific meat (they have a few more options than Chipotle). Any meat not allowed at Chipotle I would assume is also not allowed here, but I don't want to rule anything out without knowing how it's prepared- other than the items that are obviously a no-go! I will be going today to check if any of the meats are compliant (for us NJ residents, as they are only located here as of now), I'll report back what I find out!

Note: This obviously wouldn't be for an every day meal, as it's a safer bet (and I would prefer) to eat food I prepare myself, but in case there's an instance when I'm out of options, it's good to have one to fall back on and remain compliant!

Thanks!

Sean

Bubbakoos.pdf

You would definitely need to ask at the restaurant to see how they prepare their food... you can't compare Chipotle and this place, maybe this place uses soy oil on everything... 

In addition to that, even if someone had been to a location and reported back, you don't know if they asked all the right questions or if every franchise does things exactly the same way so you definitely need to ask at the location you want to eat at.  

53 minutes ago, SugarcubeOD said:

You would definitely need to ask at the restaurant to see how they prepare their food... you can't compare Chipotle and this place, maybe this place uses soy oil on everything... 

In addition to that, even if someone had been to a location and reported back, you don't know if they asked all the right questions or if every franchise does things exactly the same way so you definitely need to ask at the location you want to eat at.  

I realize all of that, I was just asking if any New Jersey residents had any tips or had already asked one of the locations. 

Thanks anyway for the help!

Archived