Started W30 Round 4

scrapstitching

Fall is a great time of year because I can cook my heart out and not worry about heat, etc. So, here we go. I'm doing my 4th Whole30 and feeling the benefits already. I started on November 1 and will run through Thanksgiving. The plan is to start back up again a couple days after, when company has gone and I'm on my own again. It's not a 100% 30-day run, but the total will be! My long term goal is to reintroduce certain foods and stick close to Whole30 beyond the days of being committed. 

Having said all that, my first Whole30 was strict, filled with new foods that I had never tried, provided amazing results, forever changed my life, and I've always gravitated back to this way of eating on a regular basis. 

My advice to anyone doing their first round of Whole30 - Enjoy it! Be creative. Learn to love foods you never knew existed. Wash dishes a lot :)

27 minutes ago, StephResets said:

How do you stop the sugar cravings?

The farther away I am from added sugars and blatant sugars, the less I want it. You might need to eat more. I eat a ton of vegetables and that includes turnips, rutabagas, potatoes, carrots, and sweet potatoes - things that are a bit bulky. I have fruit every day, including occasional dried fruits, but that's not for everyone. I also drink a lot of water, which I think helps flush out my system. 

I think not using artificial sweeteners (I love me some Diet Dr Pepper) helps too. I'm beginning to believe when they say that artificial sweeteners trick my body into thinking it is getting sugar and makes me want more. 

Hang in there. 

P.S. I'm not saying I never want anything sweet - I do. I am saying that avoiding it completely is helping me in a big way with wanting more and more and more and more. 

15 hours ago, StephResets said:

How do you stop the sugar cravings? I crave deserts. And I'm hungry a lot. I made 2 thin slice breast of chicken with red potatos and a small portion of snap peas and 45 min later I was hungry. 

Thanks,

Stephanie

@StephResets,  There is no healthy fat listed in your meal above. Try adding a 1/4 slice of avocado and some approved Mayo on your potatoes to see if that stretches your satiety !

On 11/8/2017 at 6:58 PM, scrapstitching said:

The farther away I am from added sugars and blatant sugars, the less I want it. You might need to eat more. I eat a ton of vegetables and that includes turnips, rutabagas, potatoes, carrots, and sweet potatoes - things that are a bit bulky. I have fruit every day, including occasional dried fruits, but that's not for everyone. I also drink a lot of water, which I think helps flush out my system. 

I think not using artificial sweeteners (I love me some Diet Dr Pepper) helps too. I'm beginning to believe when they say that artificial sweeteners trick my body into thinking it is getting sugar and makes me want more. 

Hang in there. 

P.S. I'm not saying I never want anything sweet - I do. I am saying that avoiding it completely is helping me in a big way with wanting more and more and more and more. 

HI,

Thank you for your advice. I live with someone who eats nothing but junk food, so it's impossible for me to remove sweets from my kitchen. It's very frustrating.  It seems to be in the middle of the day and at night when I get the sugar cravings. I'm winning the battle, but haven't won the war yet!

Archived