reintroduction and worsening of side effects from medication

Shannon KR

So I made it through the 30 days...whoo hoo! I introduced peanut butter and a few peanuts, and some hummus, felt really tired the next day, but wasn't sure it was from just that, as I had so little! The  next intro I did yesterday was dairy, and while I didn't feel too bad, I did notice the swelling that I had really badly before whole 30 in my feet and legs( which i thought was a side effect  from  my medication..dialzetim for svt)..is coming back, not quite as bad, but i didn't eat a ton of dairy either.(half and half in coffee, feta cheese with eggs, custard ice cream)Next day, today,  I was whole 30 compliant. I did have to eat breakfast out, and the eggs might have had milk in them...anyway, during the 30 days, I had no swelling, zip. So it has to be from the dairy I think? So weird, I don't want to believe it. 

It seems confusing, maybe it's certain types of dairy, or carrageenan, how would one even know? The swelling being gone was so awesome during the 30 days, and seeing it back, even just a little, is so dissapointing to think it's from food. Thoughts? 

Sounds like you got the data you need to start narrowing it down if that's the path you want to go down.  The swelling doesn't sound like its from the medication by itself.  You can continue with reintroducing foods, but instead of having half and half AND feta AND custard ice cream, just have one and start getting really specific results.  It might take a good long while.  

yes, thanks. I wonder, i also had a diet coke the other day, and one today. Can that cause fluid retention as well? It's amazing how much food effects your body. If you want to test and narrow down within a group, can you still do that after you reintroduce all foods, and are on your own at that point? In other words, eat pretty clean, and just test 1 dairy product at at time?

I am finding myself somewhat annoyed at watching my co-workers garbage up with no noticeable side effects whatsover. I woudn't even think of doing that now, because i'm not lucky enough to not feel miserable if I do. I felt pretty good during the second half on whole 30, I start the non-gluten grain reintroduction tommorow. 

Archived