Pregnant and starting Whole30 January 1

Hey all,

I was in the midst of a Whole30 when I (surprisingly) found out I was pregnant in September. I have spent the last 3 months since eating really REALLY bad. I am ready to get back on track and am planning a Whole30 starting January 1.

I wanted to see if any other pregnant moms wanted to be my accountability buddy? I'm currently 19 weeks so I will be doing this from week 21-25 it seems.

Sarah

Ha, sounds like my story... I did the August Whole30 and wound up going 50 days (I post under CaseyD normally, but I got off FB so I had to make a new account). Then I got pregnant and tried very hard to stay paleo until I just couldn't handle 24/7 sickness with no relief. I've stayed mostly paleo, but I do have my moments where I eat tacos and candy. I think my morning sickness might finally actually be thinking about wrapping it up. :)

I think I'm 16 weeks (is it bad that I lost count?) with my second, so that will put me at almost 18 weeks at the start of January. Yeah, I'll do the January Whole30 with you! The hardest part I forsee (aside from quitting sugar) is going to be making sure I'm always prepared. I'm bad about forgetting that I get hungry every 2-3 hours now and that quickly turns into feeling sick, so that's when I wind up eating out/not so healthy.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm here too! I'm 26.5 weeks pregnant. I've been thankful to have an easy pregnancy (I used to want to punch people who said that, my first pregnancy was NOT EASY), so I've kept mostly Paleo, but have veered off into sugar and peanut butter land over the holidays. I actually started my Whole 30 the day after Christmas; I couldn't wait to detox. So I'm technically on Day 7, but have signed up for the daily emails and will follow along with the group. I'm approaching the Whole 30 to change my relationship with food and stop the stress eating (while working on other methods to reduce stress). Glad there's a group of us doing this! Go mamas!!!

I followed the plan at 90% for the months of November and 3/4 of December. We then went on vacation and I found out I was pregnant. I've eaten terribly since December 16th... terribly... and plan on starting up tomorrow, January 2nd. I believe I'm about 6 weeks pregnant but I haven't seen the Dr. yet. Do we need to follow the plan differently while pregnant? I look forward to everyone's feedback.

One of my contingency plans is coconut milk smoothies. I know under normal circumstances liquid nutrution is frowned upon but...

Bonus if my husband will make them for me: general pools of ingredients to choose frm:

Coconut milk

berries (just a little, i want to still be low-ish in carbs)

Almond butter

Raw egg ( assuming food aversion, if he makes it, i wontbknow its there)

Pumpkin

Other idas: pumpkin/butternutsquash/sweet potato (that onevmay be too many carbs) with ghee and covonut milk

Egg custards

Other supplements can be hidden: tiny amounts of frozen liver, fermented cod liver oil etc

I had severe aversions that came along with m/s during my August Whole30 that caused me to derail. I think it was the meat that did it but I can't be sure at this point. I would just keep trying different things until you find enough stuff to hold you over until you get beyond the m/s. I really have no ideas beyond that and wish I had tried harder to stay on it. I did make it 20+ days before it got to be too much which I was okay with.

I honestly don't have an answer about how to successfully do a Whole30 while dealing with morning sickness. I had to give mine up because the only thing that helped me not throw up were things like Cheez Its. However, in my situation, I was under a lot of stress, and this spiraled into a lot of emotional eating.

Now I'm 21 weeks and on Day 2 of my Whole30, and I feel pretty good :-) (I started January 2 instead of the 1st).

You gals are awesome - I have a 7mo son, and didn't do a Whole30 while pregnant, but did try to eat clean as much as possible.... after morning sickness ended haha

I found that mixing ginger and peppermint teas really helped calm my stomach. Maybe it'll help you, too!

Hi all,

Just started Whole 30 on Jan 2, and to it found out I was prego with baby #3. I have no idea how far along I am. But, I would think around 6-7 weeks, but I have not been to the doctor yet. This is my first time doing the program, and today has been a rough day with headaches and body aches (from the detox). So far so good, glad to see there are others out there who are still going to do the program. I may follow along if its ok!

Hi there!

I'm currently 29 weeks pregnant and using the Whole30 to reset my food habits after 24/7 morning sickness (still taking diclectin for it) and over indulging for the past month with vacationing and holidays.

This is baby #1 for us. Today is Day 1 on the program. I also have a blog where I'll be posting what I hope to be regularly about progressing through the rest of my pregnancy and through the Whole30.

Happy to hear there are other moms-to-be out there doing this too!

Jo

www.runswithdogs.ca

Hi mamas! I am currently 27 weeks along in my pregnancy (expecting baby girl #3 around April 9th) and am just starting my first W30. I've been almost 100% clean this past week and have been slowly removing the last few lingering things that are not W30 compliant (stevia in my coffee, a few white potatoes, etc.) I'm already feeling better in regards to sleep, cravings and emotional eating. I've generally been eating low carb or paleo for the past several years but I've never gone as strict as W30 before and never completely cut out dairy before. I am realizing now how much dairy effects me in a negative way. Not with digestive trouble like I would have expected but I'm noticing how it sends my appetite out of control and makes my cravings go crazy. I'm in the middle of "It Starts with Food" and learning the hormonal effects dairy can have on a person is really making sense to me! I'm excited to see how it'll go being off dairy (and every other "less healthy" thing) completely for a while. I'm looking to break the control food has over me and just generally feel better through this W30 process. :)

Glad to find some other expectant mamas in the same boat!

Nili

I have the dreaded and well, terrifying flu. I also have asthma, and in order to keep my cough settled, I've had to resort to sugar free cough drops, which I know are not Whole 30 compliant. I'm also not able to put in a ton of creativity or resources with meals, so I resorted to a spoonful or two of natural peanut butter last night and today. I keep waking up hungry and I know the best thing for me right now is to sleep. I've tried other fat sources but am limited given I hate coconut and don't really care for cashews. I plan on sending my husband to the store tomorrow for almonds so I can make almond butter.

I approached this Whole 30 as a way to get in control about food and stop checking out with sugary carby things. I've been able to do that and plan to keep going throughout the 30 days and well beyond.

Archived