Starting after Thanksgiving

Sjodo

Hey everyone,

I am excited to be joining the Whole30 community. Due to medical issues I am having my Doctor recommended doing the Whole30 program to help my immune system and inflammation to hopefully alleviate some of my pain. I was concerned at first because I have never seen a diet that looked appetizing in anyway, and I don't like the idea of counting calories. I was really excited when I started exploring the program and found out that the food I like the most, meats, fruits, veggies, are pretty much what the program is focused on. Most of the things not allowed in the program I don't eat anyway. I am a little nervous to go through caffeine withdrawal, because I know how bad the headaches are going to be for the first few days, but I cannot drink my coffee any other way than with milk and sugar, so I'm choosing to give up my coffee. The biggest change for me will be cutting out grains. In some ways I have been preparing for this for months. I have been having this pain for 2-3 years, and we recently moved. After the move I decided to finally focus on myself. I have been eating better than I have in years, and through healthier choices with food I have lost 10lbs in the 4 months since we moved. I would be happy to lose another 10lbs. According to BMI I should lose atleast another 25lbs which would put me at my weight I was before having kids. I feel like this might actually be possible after reading the program and hopefully after the first 30 days making real lifestyle changes when it comes to what I eat. I cannot wait to read my books arriving tomorrow. I bought the Whole30, and the Cookbook. I am choosing to start the day after Thanksgiving, because I knew I would not want to miss that, and my husband pointed out I can do my 30 days between thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm excited to see how my views on "feast" holiday meals changes from thanksgiving to Christmas. 

• Moderators

If you know you're going to give up coffee, you might start weaning off of it now -- go to half-caff, or just half as much coffee as usual, and then next week half that, and then by next Friday, you shouldn't have to deal with as many headaches as if you just wait and quit cold turkey on day 1.

Archived