Day 29! Success Story!

nonnawickwire

Celebrating here on Day 29 feeling GREAT with 8 lb weight loss! My secretary told me about the Whole30 plan, and after I researched it I decided to plunge in and do it 100%. I bought one month's membership to see how it worked in our lives, downloaded the app, and after several chats with their VERY helpful staff, was able to plot and personalize my own eating plan for the first week. I learned that cooking five meals a week is too much. I whittled it down to 3 breakfast and dinner meals a week (on Tues/Thur/Sat)  which gives us leftover once or twice a week, plus a night out for eating out or going to our daughter's house for dinner. I learned to read menus carefully to determine just how much time they would take me to put together and learned to search out simpler meals.

I started the plan suffering from chronic headaches, joint aches and an abundance of fat which I could not budge. I have not had any headaches (except my one exception to drink a cocktail with my hubby - BIG MISTAKE - you will be hypersensitive to sugars so do not do this! My neck and shoulder aches are completely gone, my weight has gone from 138 to 130. My husband is super stoked to have "his young wife" back, and I LOVE how my clothes fit me now! No love handles spilling over my waists of my jeans! I love eating this way, and so does my husband though he is not doing Whole30. He is doing Whole30 plus whatever else he wants to eat! He has gained 5 lbs which he needed to do and loves that I am cooking healthy regular meals! Thank you Whole30! I will be extending my membership for your excellent database of recipes, your support, and all the other things you offer.

Archived