Kiks First Whole 30 Log

Kaisi

Starting tomorrow and glad I found this forum. I find that noting down how I’m doing really helps. I know it won’t be easy but I’m determined to do this so I can look and feel better in myself after feeling pretty unhealthy for a while now. I want to start 2018 as I mean to go on!

Today’s meals so far:

breakfast - 2 boiled eggs, baby plum tomatoes, small avocado seasoned with salt & pepper & cranberry green tea

Snack - pomegranate seeds

lunch - chicken salad with spinach, spring onions, baby plum tomatoes seasoned with salt & pepper & dressed with olive oil, vinegar & french’s mustard & coffee with almond milk 

Snacks in between lunch & dinner - grapes, half a boiled egg (kids left overs!) & pink lady apple.

dinner - butternut squash & coconut soup topped with chia & milled flax seeds - soooo delicious. Best soup I’ve ever made I think! 

036487A6-BB7C-488E-89A8-330AF9454A83.jpeg

Day 1 complete!

Back to work tomorrow so I’ve prepared in advance:

breakfast - boiled egg, avocado & baby plum tomatoes seasoned with salt & pepper

snacks - pink lady apple & clementine

lunch - shredded chicken breast with avocado & broccoli 

I plan on having some more of the soup I made today when I get home and for dinner I’ll be making the shredded sirloin steak from the Whole 30 slow cooker recipe book - fingers crossed it’s tasty as the hubby will be eating it too! 

• Moderators

Hi! You might want to take a look at the meal template -- https://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf. Following it isn't a rule, but it is recommended to get the best possible results from your 30 days.

When eggs are your only protein, have as many whole eggs as you can hold in one hand, which is generally 3-4 for most people. If your meals are big enough, you'll find you won't need to snack most of the time, because you'll stay satisfied for 4-5 hours between meals, but as you're figuring that out, if you are hungry between meals, it's best to try to eat a combo of protein, fat, and vegetables, or at least two of the three. Fruit on its own can cause blood sugar spikes and leave you tired and craving sweets.

Archived