completed 30 days and now what!

spc

Two things:

First, I completed the whole 30 program and, after a weekend of trying some new old foods, felt terrible.  Now trying to get back on track...any suggestions on how long people stay on the program and suggestions as to best items to try to add back first? 

Second, I started the whole 30  six days prior to Thanksgiving and attended many holiday parties since then. I found it actually amazing to do the program over the holidays... instead of over indulging on high sugar, high carb foods and alcohol I immersed myself in family and friends and conversation! So for all those weary of beginning over the holiday I say, go for it, it was a very pleasant surprise. 

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, spc said:

Two things:

First, I completed the whole 30 program and, after a weekend of trying some new old foods, felt terrible.  Now trying to get back on track...any suggestions on how long people stay on the program and suggestions as to best items to try to add back first? 

Second, I started the whole 30  six days prior to Thanksgiving and attended many holiday parties since then. I found it actually amazing to do the program over the holidays... instead of over indulging on high sugar, high carb foods and alcohol I immersed myself in family and friends and conversation! So for all those weary of beginning over the holiday I say, go for it, it was a very pleasant surprise. 

You can find the reintroduction recommendations in the free resources on this site or by googling 'whole30 reintroduction' and 'whole30 ride your own bike'.  As far as how long people stay on it, many people's Food Freedom looks a lot like a Whole30, usually with one or two things added in (like for instance they don't worry about sugar in ketchup) and some people add quite a few things back in because they have no ill effects.  If you tried more than one food over a weekend, you won't know which of the items made you feel terrible so we would recommend you get back on Whole30 until you're feeling great again and then do proper reintroductions so that you know what is worth it and what isn't and with that information you make your own Food Freedom plan.

Archived