Day 1 - Success!

CaveMom

Day 1 Of Whole30 was a success!  Around 2-3 pm, I started craving an afternoon pick-me-up, but I resisted!  I made an early dinner so I wouldn’t be tempted to snack.  It seemed to work well and I learned that I have to stay prepared for the next meal at all times.

I noticed I was a little foggy and forgetful today.  Not sure if it’s a sugar thing or hormones.  Otherwise, I felt fine.

What I ate for Day 1:

Breakfast:  Coffee with coconut milk, boiled egg, roasted potatoes and a clementine.

Lunch:  Beef vegetable soup and roasted chicken with a clementine.

Dinner:  Baked Chicken thighs with lemony red potatoes, collard greens, broccoli and cooked cinnamon apples.

Hi Cavemom!

Great job getting thru day 1! 

I’ll be right behind you. I was going to start January 1st., but have decided I’ll get going tomorrow. Was today easier than you thought it might be? I’m a bit nervous as to how I’ll feel during the mid afternoon/early evening. 

I’m sure I’ll feel better than I do right now, and am definitely looking forward to feeling healthy, and challenging myself to try something new!

Hi MimiHi!  ;-) 

Prepping and shopping for Whole30 has been intense.  It takes so much planning at first!  But as far as eating the food, I felt like it was pretty easy,  I had cravings, but it wasn’t unbearable.  

Good luck tomorrow on your first day!   

Great job on Day 1. On my first round it took me a few days to get past the foggy brain.  Sugar cravings were a real struggle for me.  I didn't realize how much sugar I was eating before Whole30.  I had to be careful with sweet potatoes on my 2nd round. I think I was using them as a sugar fix.  It is really interesting what you learn through this process.  Good luck!  

Archived