January 2018, Round 4

Shalla

Day 24
Made chicken "enchiladas" tonight - filling was shredded chicken; "cream" sauce out of broth, compliant unsweetened plain cashew yogurt, and green chili salsa; wrapped in blanched collard green leaves and served on top of spiced riced cauliflower and sweet potato.

Meal 1: 3 mini frittatas, half an avacado, couple of pan fried creamer potatoes

Meal 2: salad - baked chicken thighs, mini sweet peppers, tomatoes, 50/50 blend, Tessemae's Habanero Ranch

Meal 3: chicken enchilada and riced cauliflower and sweet potato

Snack: fruits and greens larabar, almonds (for some reason the idea of jerky kind of makes me want to barf right now, so I'm avoiding it)

Day 25
Slept really well last night, which was great. Really didn't want to get up and go to work this morning.

Meal 1: 3 mini frittatas and half an avocado

Meal 2: burger on mixed greens with guac and sweet potato "fries"

Meal 3: chicken enchilada and riced cauliflower and sweet potato

Snacks: larabar and epic bar

Day 26

Meal 1: 3 mini frittatas and half an avocado

Meal 2: chicken enchilada filling over riced cauliflower and sweet potato

Meal 3: Chipotle salad with chicken, pico, and guac

Snacks: brussel sprouts and peaches (I apparently just felt like veggies and fruit today, go figure)

Day 27
Well, apparently I've had rice bran oil a few times over the last 27 days. I think I've decided I don't care, rice has never really bothered me, so oh well. I have to travel a thin line on the Whole30 thing because it can send me back into food obsessed disordered eating habits way too easily so I'm gonna let this one go.

Meal 1: 3 mini fritattas

Meal 2: chicken enchilada on riced cauliflower and sweet potato

Meal 3: chicken fried cauliflower rice

Snacks: brussel sprouts and peaches again. weird, but whatever.

Day 28
My dishwasher's been out of commission for about a week and a half and it got fixed today, so yaaaaay! I've been sleeping really well, better than pre-Whole30 these last 4-5 days, which is fantastic. I definitely didn't eat enough today, but I wasn't super hungry either.

Meal 1: 3 eggs, 4 little creamer potatoes fried in coconut oil

Meal 2: salad at a restaurant with chicken, pumpkin seeds, pico, avocado, tomatoes, carrots, and oil & vinager

Meal 3: chicken enchilada, brussel sprouts

Snacks: epic bar and sweet potato "chips"

Day 29
Oh my gosh, I'm almost done with the main part. Learned to shoot a bow & arrow today, so that was super fun. I might get up super early tomorrow to see the Blue Super Blood Moon at, like 5am. Or I might not.

Meal 1: 3 eggs w/potatoes scrambled in coconut oil

Meal 2: chicken fried cauliflower rice

Meal 3: chicken "enchilada" with spiced cauliflower rice (I might be eating too much cauliflower, need some more variety)

Snacks: veggie chips (I am ignoring the newer chips rule, because reasons, if you missed that earlier post), rxbar (dinner was later because archery)

Re-intro Plans
I am ditching the "no added sugar" rule entirely come Day 31, mostly because I want to get an almond milk latte from Starbucks and eat my favorite flavor of Epic bar, which has bacon in it.

I have celiac, so I won't be adding gluten containing grains back at all, so I'm separating out rice (I'm pretty positive I have zero issues with at least white rice, a gastroenterologist told me to not eat brown rice because my poor gut doesn't do well with it.), corn, and maybe oats/other stuff? I also want to re-intro soy and other legumes separately.

Feb 1: Non-soy legumes

Feb 4: Rice (which may be pointless since apparently I've eaten rice bran oil a couple times on accident, but a little rice bran oil and a whole chunk of rice are a bit different)

Feb 7: Dairy. I fully expect that day to suck and have scheduled myself a work from home day just in case I end up on the toilet a lot. I love cheese, but I'm pretty sure cheese hates me. *sigh*

Feb 10: Corn

Feb 13: Soy

Feb 16: Random gluten free grains not previously tested. Oats, quinoa, etc.

Day 30
Woohoo, I made it! Went shopping and bought bean and rice things for tomorrow (beans) and Sunday (rice).

Meal 1: 3 mini fritattas, half an avacado

Meal 2: chipotle salad - carnitas, pico, little bit of green salsa, guac

Meal 3: chicken "enchilada" and spiced riced cauliflower

Snacks: sweet potato and epic bar

Results/Observations

• Caffeine effecting me in a more "normal" way - this usually means my brain's working better and I did notice towards the end being more clear headed and better ability to focus
  • Joints feel better. When I'm eating stuff that bothers me, my joints get achy, they're not achy at all right now
  • More restful sleep. Once I figured out the caffeine thing, my sleep has been more restful than it was before Whole30
  • Lost about 4lbs, probably mostly water weight, let's be honest

I'm looking forward to learning more about how my body reacts to things through re-intro

Day 31, Non Soy Legumes Re-intro
Felt pretty good all day, I guess we'll see how I feel tomorrow? Had black beans, lentils, and peanuts today.

Meal 1: 3 mini frittatas, almond milk flat white from Starbuck (welcome back added sugar, I've missed the convenience of you)

Meal 2: salad - chicken, black beans, grape tomatoes, sweet peppers, baby lettuce blend, Tessemae's Habanero Ranch

Meal 3: lentil soup

Snacks: apple and peanut butter, epic bar, peanut butter rxbar (I was very hungry today, geeze)

Archived