Anyone having very mild symptoms?

azn.am90

Hey everyone!

So I'm on day 4 and I really haven't felt many symptoms. I think on day 2 and 3 I was a little fatigued and I've definitely felt the bloating, but otherwise I feel absolutely normal--maybe it's still too early? I know 'to each their own', but my diet wasn't exactly great before I started. ESP since it was the holidays. I think I had dessert after every meal except breakfast and I definitely didn't eat super healthy either. To be fair, I did stop drinking sugary drinks long before starting Whole30, so maybe that's a contributing factor? I guess I'm just feeling a little anxious because I thought I'd feel more... poopy?

Any advice and words of wisdom would be welcome!

Everyone reacts differently.  My first whole30 was a roller coaster of really terrible days and pretty decent days until about day 21 or 22.  But I had a coworker who had really no problems at all throughout the entire 30 days.   But give it a few more days as well.  On the current Whole30 that I am on, I think my symptoms kicked in around day 6 or so.  

@azn.am90 I felt the same way during pretty much my entire Whole30. I didn't experience anything on the timeline. No carb flu or hangover. No "kill all the things." No tiger blood. Everything for me was really subtle. Even during my reintroductions, I didn't feel anything significant when I reintroduce the bad stuff. And my diet was TERRIBLE before this (I'm talking Lucky Charms for breakfast, Mac n Cheese for lunch type of eating). 

So yeah, I can definitely relate! But fear not, even if you are feeling very subtle changes, they all add up to something amazing at the end of 30 days! 

I hope this doesn't come off as discouraging. I'm back right now for Round 2 because I was so thrilled with my results. I experienced a  huge list of NSVs. They just weren't dramatic. They were all very subtle and some even took me going back to poor eating to realize I had achieved (which is part of why I'm back again). 

I'm on day 4 as well and am in a similar boat: bloated, tired – that's about it physically. Perhaps it's too early to tell, but I think the biggest challenge for me is emotionally and mentally detaching from my sugar and coffee (which i'm also giving up) cravings. Those dragons were VERY intense the first two days. It's like quitting smoking all over again! Ha. 

Thank you @kirbz and @Juice06870! It's day 6 now and still, no real symptoms. I guess I started to get anxious that I'm doing it wrong? Or... what if something I'm eating does have bad things in it and I missed it :o But, I think I'm following it properly. Another thing that's been hard is, sometimes my sweet treat after a meal was fruit because I figured it's not junky so it's okay. And now my body craves it after I eat but I have to say no.

@quitequaint I totally understand how hard it is to give up sugar -- it's crazy how addicted we are to it, and it's in everything. Are you giving up coffee completely?? That would definitely be hard!

Archived