Coconut milk yogurt

Lisa Maire

I completed my Whole 30 in Oct. and am doing well. I'm not eating any grains or dairy, (this alleviates my joint pain very well) with the exception of a little organic 1/2 & 1/2 in my coffee in the morning. What is your thought on the coconut milk yogurt? (So Delicious brand) Would like to add some variety into my diet. Thanks!!!!

Probably one of those things--since you're in your food freedom--that you try and see how you feel about it. I've never tried it. I would ask yourself what you want out of it (dessert? wholesome make-you-feel-good breakfast?) and then ask if it actually is that thing.

I've found I really missed cold, crunchy breakfast in the morning during the heat of the summer, so I started making something like a 'breakfast smoothie bowl' but in pumpkin or butternut puree with a swirl of coconut milk. Chopped apples, pepitas, poppyseeds, almond butter, cinnamon, etc. It's not an everyday breakfast, and if it makes me start wanting sugar all the time, I re-check-in about that and change course (I usually know because I'll think, yeah, I'll just pour honey all over this, why not!). It may be like banana-pancakes: technically made of foods you are good to eat, but affecting you mentally in a way that's not gonna help you be free of food worrying and sugar cycling.

Archived