Day 20 and exhausted!

This is my first round of Whole 30.  I am currently on day 20 and am exhausted.  I felt really good until about day 16.  On day 16 I noticed my attitude was changing and I was struggling to make it through the day.  It has gotten worse.  On days 18 and 19 I could hardly function and wanted to sleep.  The last few nights I have been getting 8 to 10 hours of sleep.  It hasn't been great sleep.  I wake up multiple times a night and toss and turn a lot.  I have MTHFR and have been told I have Fibromyalgia.  Over the last year or so I have eliminated gluten and dairy as much as possible.  I just recently eliminated eggs because I tested borderline allergic to them.  I decided to do the Whole 30 because I want to have a better quality if life.  Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, KristinLaird2012 said:

This is my first round of Whole 30.  I am currently on day 20 and am exhausted.  I felt really good until about day 16.  On day 16 I noticed my attitude was changing and I was struggling to make it through the day.  It has gotten worse.  On days 18 and 19 I could hardly function and wanted to sleep.  The last few nights I have been getting 8 to 10 hours of sleep.  It hasn't been great sleep.  I wake up multiple times a night and toss and turn a lot.  I have MTHFR and have been told I have Fibromyalgia.  Over the last year or so I have eliminated gluten and dairy as much as possible.  I just recently eliminated eggs because I tested borderline allergic to them.  I decided to do the Whole 30 because I want to have a better quality if life.  Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated.

IT's not really possible for us to give you an advice as we don't know what you've been eating on the program.  Obviously having the MTHRR and fibro is going to mean that you're going to have challenges with energy more than others, but if you list out what you've been eating including portion sizes, specific veggies, fruit, fat and protein and fluid intake, there might be something that stands out.

Breakfast is a tough one for me because I can't do eggs.

Breakfast

2 Turkey Breakfast sausage patties about the size of my palm

A veggie such as spaghetti squash with ghee

Occasionally some fruit such as a small banana or half of an orange

Lunch

Baked or grilled chicken

Fresh veggies such as cucumbers, carrots, cauliflower or brocolli.

I sometimes make it into a salad and add Breannas real French dressing (whole 30 compliant)

Dinner varies greatly

I make sure I follow the food template and have sufficient protein and veggies.

I drink over a gallon of water daily.  I try and workout for 30 minutes 3 to 4 days a week.

If I need a snack.  I will have a compliant Larabar or a handful of nuts or some fresh veggies.  I very rarely snack though.

I am taking a pro biotic and have been for over a year.

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, KristinLaird2012 said:

Breakfast is a tough one for me because I can't do eggs.

Breakfast

2 Turkey Breakfast sausage patties about the size of my palm

A veggie such as spaghetti squash with ghee

Occasionally some fruit such as a small banana or half of an orange

Lunch

Baked or grilled chicken

Fresh veggies such as cucumbers, carrots, cauliflower or brocolli.

I sometimes make it into a salad and add Breannas real French dressing (whole 30 compliant)

Dinner varies greatly

I make sure I follow the food template and have sufficient protein and veggies.

I drink over a gallon of water daily.  I try and workout for 30 minutes 3 to 4 days a week.

If I need a snack.  I will have a compliant Larabar or a handful of nuts or some fresh veggies.  I very rarely snack though.

I am taking a pro biotic and have been for over a year.

Your meals don't look too bad... where you said you 'sometimes make it into a salad' are you still adding fat to the meal when you don't make it into a salad?  If not, you definitely should be.  I do notice you mention following the template for protein and veggies but you leave off fat so I'm guessing part of the problem is you're not eating fat hence the energy problems.  If you need a snack between meals, we recommend protein and fat; larabars are approved for emergencies only (stuck on the tarmac in a blizzard such emergency) not for snacking and nuts are recommended to be limited so just keep an eye on that as well.

When you work out, do you eat the pre or post workout snack?  If not, start at least eating the post workout snack because for all intents and purposes, the problem looks like you're not eating enough.

Archived