first whole 30...starting june 1st!! who wants to join?

Francesca24

Breakfast was a 4 egg omlette with tomatoes and avocado, and blueberries on the side. Lunch was a chicken salad with tomatoes, avocado, red peppers, cucumbers and lemon juice for dressing. I can't believe I have gone years without knowing how great lemon juice is on salads. All this time I was convinced I absolutely needed a fatty dressing to get me through, jeez.

I am restarting my Whole 30. A few months ago, I tried a Paleo Challenge with my gym. I ended up bowing out early, and I regret that decision. So I am going to complete their Paleo Challenge (Whole 45, no dairy, no sweet potatoes or yams, only 2 fruits a day). I look forward to seeing some of the foods you all are eating and getting some additonal motivation!

I am starting a Whole30 tomorrow...wanted to start today but have a pizza party tonight and didn't want to have to resist pizza on my very first day. :P I have been doing lots of prep work this week, tons of shopping....hit Whole Foods pretty hard! I have every coconut product ever invented, I'm pretty sure. Cleared out a shelf just for my stuff in the kitchen so a) I know where to go when I need a snack and won't get distracted by others' food and B) my family can try not to eat my stuff. I have a Pinterest account and have been collecting recipes for a bit so I'm prepared in that area too. Am actually starting to cook today also so I have some stuff ready. I have never even eaten Paleo/Primal, so this will be a big change for me. I do eat meat but my wife is pescetarian, so unless I am out to dinner I rarely have it at home. She's going to have to fend for herself a bit I think while I do this! Anyway, I'm very excited and positive about it. I may change my tune in a few days when the it really hits me but I'm actually looking forward to starting! Hope we can all post food/recipe ideas and give each other support.

Donna and I started a few days back, but we've already had another show interest in posting in our log. I titled it by our names, but anyone is welcome to post. Donna is really supportive, and I try to be as well because we really want to succeed at this.

Our log is here: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/547-donna-and-caseys-whole-30/

Or, there is always the option of starting one called "June Whole30er's" or something. I'd be cool to post in either or both, anything to keep the community feel going. Doing this as a team just seems to make it easier to stay tough through some of the cravings or tricky situations.

Awesome to see so many of us ready to make June an unforgettable month!

Thank god for Jason's Deli delivery today! Their salad bar saved my bootie! I had squash and eggs for breakfast, but I have not been able to get to grocery store so lunch and dinner was a little unknown, but all went great with awesome salads and plain old chicken breasts! Tomorrow I am hitting the farmers market and grocery store!

As Casey said: do a food log. It keeps you HONEST. Join our Casey and Donna's Food Log if you would like.....anyone is welcome. It keeps us honest but best of all we realize we are not doing this ALONE! We support one another and get ideas from each other on how to do this, what to eat etc.....

On Day 3 of my first whole30! I've been eating paleo off and on for about a month, but I know that I need a clean break to really reset my system. I'm not overweight per se, but I definitely struggle with inflammation (most of my extra weight is in my abdomen-boo.) I'm really excited about this eating adventure, and glad for the accountability! I turn 30 on July 9th, and I'm determined to be my best self for my birthday! My stats going in:

5'2", 127 lbs.

33" waist, 37" hips

I planned on starting last Tuesday, but decided to wait until the first of the month and take the journey with you guys. I've done Paleo off and on for a few months, but realize that I need multiple days of strict eating to reap the benefits. I'm on Day 2 this morning. I'm typing this as I eat my breakfast of strawberries, eggs and mini-slider burgers that I picked up at Target. Love those things! And I especially like eggs cooked in hamburger fat. Awesome! Heading to the Farmer's market to pick up some fresh vegetables this morning.

I highly recommend finding a source of non-nitrate, non-sugar beef jerky. US Wellness Meats has this online. I purchased a nice supply and will take them with me on the road. That makes it easy to just get a garden salad somewhere and not have to worry about how the meat is cooked or what not.

I printed out the quote from this site about his not really being hard. Fighting cancer or a disability is hard! This is just food!

Oh year, I'm a 5'10, 36 year old male. I weighed 215 pounds at the start of my Whole 30. I'll weight again on July 1st. I'm also using this is a spring board to begin training for mountain bike and cross races.

Good luck and have a great weekend!

Today is my official first day for eating the whole 30 way. I spent yesterday shopping and cleaning out the kitchen so I would be prepared with no distractions. Eggs and Berries this morning and we'll be making a huge Pork Butt on the grill today (recipe from the clothesthatmakethegirl). Very excited! Anybody have a good BBQ sauce recipe that is whole 30 legal?

Lalalana - My beginning stats are almost identical to yours:

5'2", 124 lbs.

33" waist, 36.5" hips

It definitely is an accomplishment surviving the weekend! I feel so motivated now, if I can do this I can do anything! Beach mini-vacation the end of this week, have to get extra food prepped to take with me do temptation won't get the better of me.

Pleased to meet you all. I've been lurking for a little while and finally decided to register. I also started June 1st. I'm a refugee from Atkins, so this is similar in many ways, and very different in others.

I dropped off the Atkins boards, not because the diet wasn't working, but because all I was seeing was people trying to hold on to their old habits by making their old foods Atkins-friendly. And those same people were always complaining about how they slipped, and making excuses for not losing weight. It makes more sense to me to try to reset your palette completely. If you don't change your tastes, then how do you resist when the 'friendly' version isn't around and everyone is having the real thing?

I'm used to not eating grains, and consuming lots of veggies, fish, meat and eggs. But now I have to give up Splenda (hard) and cheese (harder), but I get to add things like carrots, sweet potatoes, and fruit, which were mostly not allowed on the level I was at. I never bothered with the coconut stuff before, because I didn't see the need, but I may have to now. I can drink my coffee either sweet or light but I'm not liking plain black.

Anyway, here's to all of us, and better days ahead!

Welcome to all the new joiners! I started June 1st so week one is DONE! Definately hit a low on Mon/Tues but by Wednesday I felt level. I have been pretty shocked how easy the transition has been. I was not even a 20% Paleo person before starting this, basically I ate like crap LOL I had let the fact that I had a 4 year old, a new baby, a FT job, (excuse, excuse, excuse, blah blah blah) let me think that I could not eat healthy, but yeah that is not true. Its a lot easier to eat at home then drag the kids out in 100 degree weather to get chickfila! HAHAHAHA

Do I miss cookies and goldfish, heck yeah! But do I miss feeling good and fitting into old clothes more? Yep.

I jumped in with both feet. Tuesday the 5th was day 1. My husband told me about this site on Monday and that's all it took. We've been doing paleo on and off again for quite some time, but Monday my doc suggested "fibromyalgia" and so the whole9 elimination just makes good sense right now. Both husband and I are in, the kids just go with the flow, they're older and if they don't like whats served, they're free to do something else.

Have you experienced the fatigue, brain fog during your first weeks as well? That seems to be my biggest struggle right now, I am looking forward to having lots more energy.

I'm missing my sweet stuff too, but hoping that goes away! Nice to meet ya!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I'm starting today too. I had black coffee, scrambled eggs with ground turkey breast, salsa, and avocado for breakfast. Very yummy! I eat pretty clean as the norm, but the hardest things for me to do without will be Greek yogurt, whey protein power (choc & strawberry flavors) and alcohol. I'm going to go clean out the kitchen now and toss the flour, sugar, sweeteners, ketchup, etc. I can't remember the last time I used them anyway. For the record, I am a young 50 yr old woman, single and live alone so it's all about me. I have a co-worker who lives mostly Paleo and did the Whole30 several months ago. She assures me I'm going to feel amazing by completing the program. It's great to be able to talk to her about it and now we have each other too. I wish for all of us the best possible experience. Yay us!

dendan

Archived