Alternatives to Ketchup or BBQ Sauce?

DFabMV

Hello All:

Any ideas about alternatives to ketchup or BBQ sauce that is compliant with Whole30? My husband eats a lot of eggs, however, he also eats tons of ketchup or BBQ sauce with them. Any suggestions of alternatives without sugar or artificial sweeteners. I suggested salsa, but he didn't go for that.

Thanks.

MV

Try going without them since you already mentioned one compliant alternative and he poo-pooed it.

W30 is about retraining your brain and your habits not finding compliant crutches. He is most likely just used to eating them like that and addicted to the sugar in the sauces. You won't find something comparable to a sugary, processed sauce thus he won't be happy with what you find.

Why does he feel the need to smother his eggs? Start breaking down old habits and making new ones that don't involve simply replacing one thing for another.

My husband, the fast food junkie is on Day 30....so it can be done!

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I did find some paleo ketchup recipes with no sugar or artificial sweeteners. But I think it's like MJam says, it's a sugar addiction more than anything. I think he's going to just try to go without. He actually likes eggs...I think he can adjust. Thanks again.

Archived