Because I didn't have enough reasons to have started Whole30

AliS

So, one of the reasons I decided to start Whole30 was:

1. I've gained 30 lbs over the last year and a half (20 have been in the last 6 months) after having kept off weight for over 2 years.
2. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure May of 2016 and I was hoping to have it back down to normal by now.
3. I was diagnosed w/ abnormal thyroid functions November of 2017 
4. My eating habits were getting out of control. I was a much healthier eater but after

2 & 3 I had the pity party and found that no matter what I was doing (before we found out about thyroid)... I couldn't drop weight or keep it off.

Well, now I have 2 more reasons... I had some pain in my left side and we've had it check and all my other blood work done..... organs are all good, 

But they said I'm showing inflammation in my blood work so they want me to start a baby aspirin everyday & my cholesterol is high so they want me to reduce my carbs (which I told them & they were happy that I had just started Whole30). 

Best of luck to you! My significant other is 39 and has been on meds for high blood pressure for years. His doctor was pleased with where he was while on Whole30, and said he could start reducing his dosage, and if he keeps things up, he could come off the meds completely! You're in the right place!

That is encouraging! I've gotten to reduce my meds once and it was halved. I was thrilled!! Thankfully my PCP isn't getting me started on cholestrol medicine so I am hoping that I can get back to normal with diet & exercise. 

3 hours ago, purplepadres said:

Best of luck to you! My significant other is 39 and has been on meds for high blood pressure for years. His doctor was pleased with where he was while on Whole30, and said he could start reducing his dosage, and if he keeps things up, he could come off the meds completely! You're in the right place!

Archived