Source of DHA other than prenatals

I'm 42 and just got surprised that I'm 5 weeks pregnant. I have an 11 year old and thought we were done! With age comes experience and instead of the standard prenatals with DHA I used last time, I'll most likely use Rainbow lIght Prenatals; however, those don't have DHA. Any thoughts on a compliant DHA supplement? 

I'm in Ireland and haven't looked specifically for a DHA supplement, but you could include DHA rich foods in your diet? Eating starchy veg with oily fish such as mackerel or salmon makes the DHA more bio-available for instance, and then there's herring, anchovies, walnuts & chia or flax-seeds...

I was listening to a podcast the other day, and the person being interviewed (Dr. Rhonda Patrick of Found My Fitness) talked about how she ate high quality salmon roe daily to get her DHA in. The roe is supposed to be an amazing source of phospholipid-form omega-3s (DHA and EPA). I ordered some from Vital Choice to take while pregnant. If you decide to go this route, you will probably want to check with your doctor, as this is raw! But, it is definitely worth looking into if you have the time to do a little research :)

Archived