Nine days in - Comic Relief re Food Freedom

Chip&Cookie

Yes, this is Day 9 and we're doing okay!  Chip got off to a rocky start due to travel, but he's a trooper and stayed the course.  I have a sneaking suspicion that he may have hopped on the scale at the gym yesterday, but I forgive him.  He's doing this for me and his primary goal really is to get the holiday weight off.   As for me, I have two observations:

1. This program promises Food Freedom?!?   Forget that.....I am suddenly, and will forever be, a slave to Melissa's Chicken Hash.  I tried it because I'm a long-time sweet potato hater and thought it was time to give them another chance.  Now that's all I will be able to eat for the rest of my life.  Chicken.Hash. Every.Day.
  2. Is anyone else running out of tupperware?  LOL.  I literally have nothing left to store food in.  Good thing I just emptied a jar of ghee, because now I can put tonight's leftovers in it.

Anyway -- doing fine on Day nine. ;) 

I love the tupperware comment.  My husband opened the refrigerator the other night and said "what IS all this stuff?" I also have a lot of mason jars hosting various concoctions.  I also was never a sweet potato fan but I roasted some the other day (with salted clarified butter) and totally turned that around.  I will try the Hash because it didn't appeal to me at all before.  You are a few days ahead of me and I'm glad to hear you are doing fine (and by now you are well into the home stretch!)  

I  just had to buy more containers yesterday. I have been compulsively freezing a container of any thing I make that is freezable, in case I run out of time or energy for cooking and need something quick-ish. That's certain part of it.

Which book is the Chicken Hash in, do you know off hand?

• Administrators
On 2018-03-06 at 4:53 PM, AlyMcF said:

I  just had to buy more containers yesterday. I have been compulsively freezing a container of any thing I make that is freezable, in case I run out of time or energy for cooking and need something quick-ish. That's certain part of it.

Which book is the Chicken Hash in, do you know off hand?

Here you go: https://whole30.com/2017/04/melissas-chicken-hash/

Archived