MimiHi 2.0 Sure Is Beautiful Outside (SIBO)

MimiHi

Hi All, 

So way back in December on the 28th, I started the Whole30 and discovered a whole group of amazingly supportive Whole30'ers here. I was, and still am, so inspired by what all you guys are doing each and every day to better your health and try something that is super challenging.

As good fortune had it, my Whole30 did not end as I'd hoped with a full 30 days under my belt and all things fabulous that go with such an accomplishment. It was cut short at 18 (maybe 14?) days in when I found out I have this thing called SIBO, which does not stand for Sure Is Beautiful Outside, but does actually stand for Small Intestinal Bacteria Overgrowth...anyway, now that I've had a month to get used to what I can/can't eat due to having SIBO, I'm ready to try another Whole 30.

Tomorrow is Day 1 and I'm super excited to join in with all of you, and see if I can accomplish this while limited to the SIBO specific diet. Like everyone else, I'm a bit nervous about the first few days. My go-to food items (dates almond butter, apples, etc) are not allowed on SIBO, so I'm searching for a great breakfast to get me through the first few days.

Mimi, I LOVE your optimistic spirit.  You are an inspiration in turning less than stellar things into something positive - like your alternate meaning for SIBO.

I look forward to learning from you and seeing your amazing progress.  You've got this.  :)

Archived