Feb 5 18 start date POST30 log

KalinaM

Hey, everyone!! We're here! How's day 31 going for everyone? It's surreal to be here as I'm eating Whole30 all day today, but have a date with my husband and a glass of wine later tonight! What is everyone else trying out today?

8 hours ago, KalinaM said:

Hey, everyone!! We're here! How's day 31 going for everyone? It's surreal to be here as I'm eating Whole30 all day today, but have a date with my husband and a glass of wine later tonight! What is everyone else trying out today?

I did pretty well overall.  Breakfast and lunch were still compliant, went to dinner out and had a burrito bowl with some rice, but no sour cream!  That’s a big change for me!  Is anyone feeling a little lost?  I’m not quite sure what to do with myself now.  I was so focused on staying compliant and on plan, it feels weird to not be doing that now!

1 hour ago, Jeanne M said:

I did pretty well overall.  Breakfast and lunch were still compliant, went to dinner out and had a burrito bowl with some rice, but no sour cream!  That’s a big change for me!  Is anyone feeling a little lost?  I’m not quite sure what to do with myself now.  I was so focused on staying compliant and on plan, it feels weird to not be doing that now!

Since you had rice, now it is recommended (if you are doing the fast track reintro) to go back to whole30 for 2-3 days and see how you feel from eating the rice. Then, pick something else to reintroduce. Hope that helps give you a little more guidance!!

1 hour ago, KalinaM said:

Since you had rice, now it is recommended (if you are doing the fast track reintro) to go back to whole30 for 2-3 days and see how you feel from eating the rice. Then, pick something else to reintroduce. Hope that helps give you a little more guidance!!

Definitely!i planned my week like it was a normal Whole 30week, so the next two should be pretty easy.  A little worried about the weekend, not much planned activity wise and being bored or alone is a definite trigger to stress eat.

I added in legumes yesterday - peanuts, hummus, and black beans. This is the group that seems pretty healthy to me so I don’t really see the point of continuing to avoid those if I don’t react negatively. Does anyone know why those things are not considered “healthy” ?

I am thinking long term (after reintroduction) I will continue to avoid gluten grains and dairy most of the time and follow the whole 30 template in general. Those items in particular seem to be for me, gateway foods leading to very unhealthy choices. 

How's everyone doing? We had dinner with friends on Saturday, and as I knew was going to happen, we ate lots of things off plan.... hummus, wine, gluten! Sunday wasn't a fun day with my tummy, but we're back on Whole30 for the next few days. Hoping to try just gluten intros on Wednesday, pending feeling 100% better again after our Saturday dinner. 

On 3/8/2018 at 9:13 AM, Charlene33 said:

I added in legumes yesterday - peanuts, hummus, and black beans. This is the group that seems pretty healthy to me so I don’t really see the point of continuing to avoid those if I don’t react negatively. Does anyone know why those things are not considered “healthy” ?

I am thinking long term (after reintroduction) I will continue to avoid gluten grains and dairy most of the time and follow the whole 30 template in general. Those items in particular seem to be for me, gateway foods leading to very unhealthy choices. 

Legumes are actually my biggest trigger! I know soy in particular can lead to excess estrogen production.... and I have endometriosis which is indicative of too much estrogen in the system. So-- that's my short answer for why legumes may not be the healthiest choice for everyone.

5 hours ago, KalinaM said:

How's everyone doing? We had dinner with friends on Saturday, and as I knew was going to happen, we ate lots of things off plan.... hummus, wine, gluten! Sunday wasn't a fun day with my tummy, but we're back on Whole30 for the next few days. Hoping to try just gluten intros on Wednesday, pending feeling 100% better again after our Saturday dinner. 

Doing okay, Sunday was rough for me too.  I had pizza on Saturday and my tummy wasn’t happy!  I needed to do it though and get it out of the way.  Prepped for the week to be pretty close to compliant.  May start another round on the 19th.  Have a bachelorette party this weekend and it’s starting at a Mexican restaurant - quest is a drug for me!  I feel much more in control on this plan than I have on other “diets.”  Either I’m finally growing up (at 51!) or I’ve finally got it through my head that I can eat what I want, just not all the time and my body wants real food!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well post W30. During my last weekend on our first W30, my husband and I took a trip up north to visit his father for his birthday, and while we where there we knew we only had a few days left and didn't want to fall off our plan so we decided to bring our own meals to eat.  It was the most difficult time, all his family members just didn't understand why we were doing it, and just kept offering us other food.  It was literally the biggest offense to them by us not eating the meals offered and us brining our own food (which I understand because they are old school).  I felt terrible for my husband because it was uncomfortable for him, and on the day we left we were literally told next time we come over not to be on any "diet", but I don't feel bad at the end of the day I'm going to eat what is right for me regardless if others agree with me or not.  

I haven't introduce anything in particular into my meals, I've been eating pretty W30 compliant.  My goal was to do another full round, but I made roasted vegetable and chicken soup from the Against all Grains meals made simple by Danielle Walker which was very tasty, especially for this cold weather we have been facing, but I realized 2 cups of the chicken stock I used had organic cane sugar, so I will be restarting my days over, which is not a problem since we have been enjoying eating clean without all the extra stuff.  Since ending the last 30 days I have been including exercises into my routine which surprisingly after going 3 months with no physical activity I haven't felt terrible getting back into the gym or as sore as I usually do.  I'm taking it slow and including yoga two times a week to help with my flexibility and mobility range which has caused me to limit what I can do but hoping to improve and do more in my workouts.  Also I know smoothies are not W30 approved but I've been making a nutrient power smoothie prior to my work out (all the ingredients are W30 compliant) which I feel makes me feel great and more energized during and post my workout.

On 3/12/2018 at 7:28 PM, Jeanne M said:

Doing okay, Sunday was rough for me too.  I had pizza on Saturday and my tummy wasn’t happy!  I needed to do it though and get it out of the way.  Prepped for the week to be pretty close to compliant.  May start another round on the 19th.  Have a bachelorette party this weekend and it’s starting at a Mexican restaurant - quest is a drug for me!  I feel much more in control on this plan than I have on other “diets.”  Either I’m finally growing up (at 51!) or I’ve finally got it through my head that I can eat what I want, just not all the time and my body wants real food!

I agree. I started in Feb 5 and feel so much better at 100 percent compliant when I don't have to spend my time craving and being miserable. 14 lbs down and doing the slow roll-- had a cupcake Sunday night really wanted it it didn't wake the sugar dragon and I had fun without me beating the crap out of myself

@Patty526 Congrats on your achievements, 14lbs down that's awesome!  I didn't have much success on the scale I lost about 4lbs, which is not bad, but I gained so much more #NSV so that's what is keeping me going. I haven't had any sugar cravings, I'm sleeping better, I no longer have dark eye circles, and overall I enjoy the meals I've been eating, but most of all I think the best result is just understanding my food choices and the ingredients that I'm using.  I think if I continue on this path and working out my journey to a healthy lifestyle will be very successful.

I still struggle with lack of energy at times, but I hopefully another 30 days will help increase my levels.  Did anyone else have any changes physically, mentally or emotionally post W30? 

1 hour ago, WJStar said:

@Patty526 Congrats on your achievements, 14lbs down that's awesome!  I didn't have much success on the scale I lost about 4lbs, which is not bad, but I gained so much more #NSV so that's what is keeping me going. I haven't had any sugar cravings, I'm sleeping better, I no longer have dark eye circles, and overall I enjoy the meals I've been eating, but most of all I think the best result is just understanding my food choices and the ingredients that I'm using.  I think if I continue on this path and working out my journey to a healthy lifestyle will be very successful.

I still struggle with lack of energy at times, but I hopefully another 30 days will help increase my levels.  Did anyone else have any changes physically, mentally or emotionally post W30? 

Once I tamed sugar my energy went wayyyy up. I think having Whole Foods and switching to those fuels made a huge difference for me as well.

i retrigger cravings but just go back for 3-4 days and I'm fine. The best thing is having a sustainable lifestyle and sane relationship with food for the first time --- getting out of my own way with the obsessive yo yo dieting was key as well as 30 minutes of rigorous exercise nearly daily via pop sugar fitness videos

On 3/14/2018 at 11:48 PM, Patty526 said:

I agree. I started in Feb 5 and feel so much better at 100 percent compliant when I don't have to spend my time craving and being miserable. 14 lbs down and doing the slow roll-- had a cupcake Sunday night really wanted it it didn't wake the sugar dragon and I had fun without me beating the crap out of myself

Hi, Patty! glad you joined us in this thread.

I have found I'm doing a more "slow roll" type of reintro this time around. On the weekends, we've been getting together with friends and I've just been eating whatever I want. Seems to be OK, some bloating and crabbiness, but nothing too bad. All week last week I was strict whole30 and today and tomorrow as well. I do want to isolate the reintro of legumes as I know they're a trigger for me. I'm curious if some types of legumes are OK or if they all treat me equally. So, I'm going to try peanuts on Wednesday and see how my body does.

Hi there.  I wish I joined the forum earlier. I am on day 32. Yesterday when I weighed myself I didn’t lose any weight so I had a total meltdown. And had  some wine ( my biggest addition) and didn’t sleep so well so now for the next two days I’m going to be 100% compliant and see how it goes. I’m not anxious to go off the strict plan as yet. I have to figure out why I didn’t lose any weight. I’ve had a lot of NSV’s I’ve been very happy about but not losing weight has had a bad effect on me.  A W30 moderator said that the huge amount of stress I am under could be the reason.  I have been really happy with my progress and accomplishments till I stepped on the scale.  It’s great to hear how others are experimenting!

@Candida I didn't experience much weight lost but I'm still sticking to eating Whole30 compliant.  I've started going back to the gym and working out so I'm hoping that this time around I've been able to make a difference on the scale.  I feel like my body has made changes because my clothes do fit differently but I'm not setting my hopes to high because I don't want to be disappointed when I do get on the scale on April 4th.  I'm just sticking to it because I know that slowly but surly I will get there as I continue to eat clean and make healthier choices.

22 hours ago, WJStar said:

@Candida I didn't experience much weight lost but I'm still sticking to eating Whole30 compliant.  I've started going back to the gym and working out so I'm hoping that this time around I've been able to make a difference on the scale.  I feel like my body has made changes because my clothes do fit differently but I'm not setting my hopes to high because I don't want to be disappointed when I do get on the scale on April 4th.  I'm just sticking to it because I know that slowly but surly I will get there as I continue to eat clean and make healthier choices.

Are you doing a whole60? Good for you! 

I've been eating compliant during the work week, with maybe an introduction in the mix and then doing "worth it" foods for the weekends, as we've been having soooooo many plans with birthdays and things. Overall, it's working out well. I did do a reintroduction to peanuts specifically last week and I'm happy to say I can have peanuts!!! Hooray! I'm trying to separate out one legume type at a time, since I learned from my first whole30 that legumes are problematic for me. So, I want to see if all legumes treat me equally. I'm so glad I can have peanuts. Next up when I recover from added sugars at Easter, I'll be trying out kidney beans and black beans. Overall, though, I'm happy sticking with whole30 80% of the time. My body just feels better this way.

I have suddenly gone on a roller coaster and now feel like I gave up all of my hard won equanimity around food. So I am going fully compliant for at least a week to get a grip! I'm afraid to get on the scale which is such old behavior. I am going to do this week and focus on NSVs instead and just feeling more focused and in control and not feeling that crazy diet feeling. Anyone else feel a little kooky from a slow roll? That rolled off the rails?

Archived