Lynn's Reintroducing!

I finished my first Whole30 yesterday! Yay me!  I feel INCREDIBLE and I do not want to ever not feel this way :)  I've been strongly cautioned by friends who have NOT reintroduced successfully to take the reintroduction as seriously as I did the Whole30. So, towards the end, I was totally leaning towards a slow roll and not reintroducing much.  But, since this is my first Whole30, I've decided to to the structured reintro plan as recommended.  Meal plans written this morning with all this in mind and I am starting with legumes, because honestly I've missed them more than anything!  Hummus!  Peanut butter! Ah, I cannot wait.  I plan to relish them and pray they don't affect me in a negative way ;)

I'm planning our traditional Easter family feast for tomorrow, and I'll just not be partaking in all of it, and making the regular items that I DO want in a Whole30 compliant manner.  I think mostly no one will notice, and I won't even miss the bread because I'm kinda over it.  Bread (and glutens in general) are a long way off and will probably be used sparingly in my future anyway.  I will probably still not get Easter candy, not because of fear, but because I know that sugar is never going to be my friend again.  I know someday there will be a treat that I will make the decision to deem it worthy, but the days of bowls of candy sitting in my home are over.  It was always "for the kids" or "for the husband" anyway, but I didn't  just leave it for them!  And they don't need it either!!!!  ARGH.  Lessons learned of course.

I am mostly looking forward to the dairy reintroduction, simply because I am interested in the affects I will we watching for.  

Thank you all for sharing your wisdom with us newbies, I appreciate it so much!

I had veggies and hummus for a yummy snack yesterday, as well as an apple with peanut butter as part of my lunch.  I honestly didn't notice any change in my digestion, energy, sleep, etc, so yay!  It's only been a day, but thankful that legumes are a successful reintroduction and will continue to be a part of my life.  Now, the fact that peanut butter on BREAD was always my fall back quick lunch when nothing else was around, it will be consumed differently than it used to be.  But I do love it, and am glad it will be around :)

Well of course I've not been good about checking in here during my reintroduction, but it's been going really well.  I next introduced non-gluten grains.  I had rice and corn.  I think corn is pretty much not going to be included in my diet for the most part.  I suspected that before the Whole30, but the reintroduction, but this confirmed it.  I can see having some at the movies, but not in the amounts I used to.  Popcorn was really a go-to snack for me before, but oh my no. Not any more.

Yesterday I reintroduced dairy - had greek yogurt, some mozzerella cheese in my entree, and some strawberry ice cream.  I haven't noticed any changes, so I will continue to have it in moderation.  I had already switched to almond milk a while ago when I needed a replacement, and I didn't eat a lot of cheese due to migraine issues anyway. So, the occasional yogurt will be available, on it's own or in recipes.In a few days I will reintroduce gluten, even though i suspect I won't be having much of it in my forever nutrition plans.  I don't even miss bread, honestly, but i look forward to seeing what pasta does to me.  I'll have to explore gluten free options in that regard as well.  I do like spaghetti squash as a replacement, but it's not the same.  I will also be spiralizing some zucchini to see if I can hone my skills there :)

Today I went to a bridal shower and for once in my life was able to just enjoy it.  I ate lunch before I went, so I wasn't hungry. The cupcakes did look yummy, but were not enough of a draw to be too tempted by them.  I had a cup of champagne punch and drank water the rest of the time.  No one noticed or cared, go figure!  Everyone encouraged me to eat, but quickly moved on when I said I had already eaten.  There were veggies and fruit available if I had been hungry, but I wasn't, so it was fine.

Freedom - the word truly explains the feeling!!!

Awesome! I’m jealous - I discovered hummus is a no for me. But I have enjoyed reintros and w30 has made me confident in my choices.

Spiralizing is so fun! I have done zucchini, summer squash and sweet potato and want to find more ideas.

Archived