Cycling

Jasdmardr

I’m on day 7 and I’ve been feeling good. I started it to deal with diverticulosis. I was in ICU almost two weeks ago losing 4 pints of blood from a GI bleed. I thought this program might be the best way to handle.  I probably need to eat less fruit though. Yesterday I went cycling for 40 miles with my cycling group but I hadn’t done that for almost two months. This is the first time since my hospital stint that I’ve done any physical activity. Typically I have a few energy bars but can’t find anything whole 30 approved. So I brought 2 bananas on the ride. I was still in need of some fuel so ended up getting some strawberries at a farmers market. When I finally got home I was pretty pooped but ate a banana, some papaya and an orange. Then had a pretty bad headache. Maybe a big sugar rush. I’d love to hear any recommendations especially portable snacks I can bring on my ride

• Moderators

Endurance cycling has been discussed at length (so have other endurance sports) so instead of us typing it all out again, the best way to search the forum is to google.  So you'd google 'whole30 endurance cycling' or 'whole30 endurance activity snack' or similar and see what you can find.  That is a LOT of fruit... definitely not recommended as that quantity of fruit eaten on it's own will prevent your body from becoming fat adapted.  If you're interested in information about fat adaptation, you can also google that and there should be some conversations around it on the forums.

Archived