Whole45 for a blogging girl!

Rachael2288

Happy New Years all! I am starting my first Whole45 (completed a Whole30 back in October) and will be breaking on Valentine's Day :)

I will be blogging about my experiences and sharing some tasty recipes on my blog, so if you are interested check it out! www.thefreckledfoodie.com I plan on documenting my food intake on the forum and will occasionally link to recipes on my blog. Hope everyone else's Whole30 is amazing just like my first one was!!!

Meal 1:

- veggie blend from TJ's sauteed in CO with proscuitto

- two over easy eggs

- 1/3 large sweet potato with cinnamon

- coffee with coconut milk

Meal 2:

- two grass-fed, organic hot dogs with spicy brown mustard

- spinach salad with grape tomatoes, cilantro, guac, and a splash of apple cider vinegar

- orange

Meal 3:

- Crock pot Chicken Curry - homemade :)

- peppermint tea

Yay! 1/45 done :)

Day 2, Easy peasy. Even eating at a restaurant for my best friend's 25th Birthday!

Meal 1:

- 3 eggs scrambled with leftover chopped veggies/proscuitto

Meal 2:

- Chicken Curry from yesterday (lots of leftovers!)

- organic baby carrots with some almond butter

- orange

Snack:

- 9 almonds (not typical for me, but needed something with 3 ibuprofen I had to take for cramps :wacko: )

Meal 3: (out to eat)

- roasted free range 1/2 chicken with skin and herbs

- side of broccolini with fresh lemon squeezed over the top

- cinnamon spice tea on the way to dinner

Side note, didn't touch the mashed potatoes that came with the chicken and replaced the roasted root veggies (which sounded sooo good) with the broccolini because they used canola oil to roast. Boo

All in all, a very good day. Excited that my sugar dragon is not NEARLY as bad the second time around even though I had so many treats over the holidays!! Yay for paleo, paleo for life :P

Day 3, delicious food!

Meal 1:

- REALLY yummy Mexi-eggs on my blog :)

- coffee with coconut cream

- orange

Meal 2:

- leftover Chicken Curry with handful of spinach thrown in and some guac on top

- 4 organic baby carrots

- about a 1/2 tbsp Artisana Macadamia Cashew Butter

Meal 3:

- 100% grass-fed beef hot dog with spicy brown mustard

- a little leftover Chicken Curry

- spicy cinnamon butternut squash puree I made up this afternoon :)

- Peppermint tea before bed and one in the PM too

HAPPY DAY 3 EVERYONE!

Excited that my sugar dragon is not NEARLY as bad the second time around even though I had so many treats over the holidays!! Yay for paleo, paleo for life :P

Hey, I'm having the same (fortunate) experience! Isn't it weird? Just be careful... I'm hoping that it's not a trick; the sugar dragon trying to get us to let our guard down... :ph34r:

BUT, let's be optimistic too!!!

The past couple days have been busy and I went out to eat TWICE but navigated well :) I don't remember what exactly I ate but it included a lot of leftover Chicken Curry and Italian Egg Bake. I also had some compliant sun-dried tomato basil chicken sausage from TJ's with spicy mustard and LOTS of pureed butternut squash with cinnamon, ginger, and cayenne for a kick!

Today I remember what I've had though :)

Day 6:

Meal 1:

- one and a quarter piece of egg bake (eggs, chicken sausage, zuke, onions, mushrooms, and spices)

- half a sweet potato with cinnamon

- small bit of cut up oranges, apples, and green grapes

Meal 2:

- veggie and seafood asian stir-fry (seafood blend from TJ's, frozen broccoli, frozen grilled peppers and onions from TJ's, coconut aminos, coconut oil, and spices)

- a couple slices of apple with homemade Spiced Coconut Butter (on my blog!)

Meal 3: (in the crock pot now, CAN NOT WAIT)

- Balsamic Braised Short Ribs from Practical Paleo Cookbook

- other half of sweet potato with some coconut butter

- roasted broccoli

Yay for feeling great! I am super sore today (still worked out, sorry I'm not sorry) from a big lift I did with the boyfriend yesterday. I am so happy he is cool with me lifting heavy things with him since he used to be a power lifter and has never worked out with any girls before me :) special girl right here I guess.

I am hoping that at the end of my 45 days I have GAINED a few lbs, of muscle obviously! Getting excited that my arms are getting visably more defined and that in another week or two I may actually be able to see my abs again!!!

I ate SO WELL today. I am a very happy girl :)

Meal 1:

- 2 eggs fried in CO but left the yolks magically runny

- leftover asparagus

- half a roasted sweet potato with my Spicy Coconut Butter

- a couple small pieces of orange and green grapes

Meal 2:

- Salmon salad from Panera without cheese or dressing (romaine, salmon, kalamata olives, mandarin oranges, sliced almonds, lemon wedges and pure olive oil)

Meal 3:

- green beans with ghee and spices

- AMAZING pork chops (local) I will be posting the marinade I used on my blog tomorrow... you WANT IT. Promise!

- a few slices of orange from my boyfriend pre-dinner and right after dinner

Hope everyone else had a wonderful day and felt as good as I did today!!!

Oops, skipped yesterday. Made some yummy stuff and some will likely go up on my blog!

Today was the hardest day yet, but ONLY because I played Super Aunt today and picked my 8,9, and 10 year old niece and nephews up from school and took them to The Waterpark of America (huge indoor waterpark) and got home from dropping them off at 9pm. So, I wasn't able to really eat between 1pm and 9pm (snacked on a handful of roasted almonds, a few dehydrated apple slices, and 3 dried apricots) I made it through though!

Meal 1:

- a few slices of Applegate roast beef sliced up and sauteed with some spinach and 2 eggs

- roasted cinnamon, nutmeg butternut squash

Meal 2:

- leftover butternut squash from meal 1

- DELICIOUS Curried Chicken Salad (recipe to come on blog tomorrow!) with chicken, homemade mayo, curry, sun dried tomatoes, almonds, and green onion

- half an organic Honeycrisp apple with a tablespoon or so of Spiced Coconut butter (recipe above)

Snack:

- almonds, dehydrated apples, and dried apricots

- La Croix Peach Pear

Meal 3:

- 2 compliant Mild Italian Sausage with spicy brown mustard

- some more butternut squash... need to shop for more veggies!!!

Pretty good day ya'll. So glad tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!

Hey Friends! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and are (maybe) sitting and watching all the pretty people and the two funniest ladies EVER on the Golden Globes right now :)

I dominated this weekend, Whole30 style, and cooked some amazing food. I am soooo glad that my first Whole30 in October forced me to start experimenting more in the kitchen because I am REAPING the sh*t out of the benefits now :D

Over the past couple days I have had: yummy eggs, roasted yams, roasted veggies, amazing fish (recipe HERE on my blog, I promise you want to try it), caramelized lamb belly lettuce wraps with pickled veggies (great restaurant), etc but that was just before today!

Meal 1:

- 2 eggs scrambled with compliant italian chicken sausage, mushrooms, red onion and guacamole

- 1/3 roasted yam with spicy coconut butter (recipe on blog)

Meal 2:

- Curried Chicken Salad over baby spinach

- 4 almonds and 2 dried apricots

- Peach Pear La Croix

Snack:

- a few dehydrated apple chips

- one piece of homemade beef jerky from my brother (he wanted me to try it, sooo good)

Meal 3:

- Chocolate Chili, slightly adapted from Well Fed by Melissa Joulwan (who COMMENTED ON MY BLOG, PARDON MY INTENSE EXCITEMENT!!!!

- a little quac on top

- a few more apple chips from my brother

Today was awesome because I got to spend time with my nephew and my sweet 8 month old niece! :wub:

She can make anyone's day better!!!

tumblr_mglh8qjF8l1rs6ynzo1_500.jpg

Ah what a cutie!

I dominated this weekend, Whole30 style, and cooked some amazing food. I am soooo glad that my first Whole30 in October forced me to start experimenting more in the kitchen because I am REAPING the sh*t out of the benefits now :D

Ha! love it !

Gosh I'm not very good at keeping this log... oh well, at least I'm doing better than my first Whole30. Maybe at this rate I will log daily for my 5th or 6th Whole30 ;)

Today was awesome. Mainly because sugar isn't really even on my radar anymore (thank goodness after the holidays I thought I would never stop wanting chocolate). I ordered Jimmy Johns for a lunch meeting complete with a BIG tray of their chocolate chip cookies, which I used to LOVE, and guess what I did? Accidentally ordered TWO dozen instead of one... so I was left with a dozen gigantic chocolate chip cookies which I brought home.... You think I'm crazy right? I brought them home so my boyfriend could take them to work the next day. He was thrilled about it and asked if he could keep all of them. NO.

The best thing is they are currently sitting on my counter, staring at me, and this is me: B)

Cool as a cucumber, dudes.

This is how I ate today and boy, oh boy do I love this magical way of eating (and living)

Meal 1:

- 2 eggs, 1 white (saved from a recipe where I needed the yolk)

- red pepper, spinach, guac from TJs

- 1 compliant cajun chicken sausage

- 1/3 roasted yam with cinnamon

To tide me over til lunchtime:

- 10 roasted almonds

Meal 2(nearly 7hrs later):

- secret menu med turkey salad minus the pepperoncini and tomatoes from Panera Bread

- half a decaf coffee

- a teeny bit of sunflower seeds and raisins

Meal 3:

- roasted carrots with coconut oil and spices

- one pan-fried chicken thigh with ghee and spices (recipe coming because my boyfriend said "PUT THIS ON YOUR BLOG" like 5 times during dinner)

- one date and one pecan :P

Hope everyone is feeling great! If not, you will soon! Count on it!

Ate well today, per usual. I fricking love food guys... so much. I love thinking about it, reading about it, making it, serving it, and most importantly EATING IT. True story.

Meal 1:

- 2 eggs with some egg whites

- healthy veggie mix from TJs with ground beef/onions/spices

- cooked in ghee

- TJs guac on top

- 1/2 sweet potato with coconut milk and cinnamon

- a tbsp sliced almonds

- decaf with cinnamon and coconut milk

Meal 2:

- baby romaine with some orange juice (squeezed) to dress

- tuna salad (tuna, mayo, dry mustard, cayenne, sun-dried tomato, sunflower seeds, scallions)

- orange

- Gingerade Kombucha

PreWO:

- half a banana

Meal 3:

- roasted asparagus

- roasted butternut squash with cinnamon

- Pan-Seared Crispy Salmon (OMG yum)

Overall a super good day! Feeling great and getting more muscle definition in my arms!!! :D

Day 27 of 45 and feeling great! It was a rest day, the boyfriend and I have been lifting heavy lately and I am FINALLY seeing definition all over the place. Very happy about that :D Snacked a little today (very unlike me) but it is because I made a bunch of kale and sweet potato chips and those things are DANG irresistible hot out of the oven, am I right?

Meal 1:

- hearty venison stew, up on my blog and in the recipe section on here. Amazingly tasty and soooo filling

- 1/3 garnet yam with homemade spiced coconut butter (also on the blog)

- decaf with coconut milk and cinnamon

Drinks:

- couple cups of amazing coffee at local shop with some coconut milk I brought ;)

Meal 2: (6 hours later because it SNOWED and people acted like idiots on the road causing me to be stuck in hellish traffic)

- 2 compliant chicken sausages with spicy mustard

- 1/3 garnet yam with coconut milk and cinnamon

- Creamy cucumber salad from Well Fed

Snack:

- handful kale chips

- handful sweet potato chips

Meal 3:

- small peppered steak (not super hungry)

- salad with sun-dried tomatoes, EVOO, and balsamic

- a few more sweet potato chips and kale chips

Other things of importance to note:

- Sleeping like a baby, once again!

- no IBS symptoms or digestive issues in a long time (biggest thing for me since finding Whole30)

- big lifting gains in the gym this week and less soreness, faster recovery

- never tired, lots of energy

- happy as a clam and wishing it wasn't winter anymore so I can get outside!!!!!! :blink: stir crazy

- sex drive up ;)

I'm sure there are more but those things are keeping me pretty content at the moment!

Archived