Daily Whole30:)

Kimchickens

I am finally committing!  Day one on the books. I began yesterday April 25:) Yesterday I ate an Asian pear, spinach salad with cukes, tomatoes, broccoli carrots, cranberries, broccoli w/ balsamic and olive oil. Cashews for a snack and dinner I ate broccoli, baked potato, lean steak, and ghee. I drank 2 Le Croix with a spritz of pomegranate juice :) ( 2 cups of black coffee)

I woke up this morning with a headache. I suspect sugar detox! I ate two clementines, drank lots of water and just finished a large cup of black coffee. 

I planned to take a Pure Barre class today and or go for a jog, but I think I will lay low for now until my headache subsides. A good excuse to CHILL :)

I am thrilled to get back to my  HEALTHIER habits. Thanks for the support! 

Good on you taking it easy on yourself - free first week or so can be pretty draining. 

Make sure you eat more though - your headache might also be due to lack of food. It looks like only 2 meals yesterday? And no protein in the first meal. Make sure you follow the meal template as it will help you get the best from your whole 30.

Thank you! I did and quickly recovered! I ate leftover lean meat from the night before, a mango, carrots, apple, almond butter and for dinner I made chicken thighs roasted with bell peppers red potatoes, garlic and rainbow carrots, apple for dessert. Plenty of H20 and le Croix  x2:)

Day 3:

I feel much better w/ no headache! I took my Pure Barre class this morning and noted a little more sweating than usual ( still detoxing?) I have eaten one clementine, one Asian pear, a large handful of cashews, three eggs from my chickens, one small avocado, a handful of spinach topped with grape tomatoes and sprouts :) Plenty of water and a large black coffee!

Day 4:

I did wake up with a dull headache that only lasted until 10:30. I pushed through my Pure Barre class! Today I was weak at getting good protein in early, but I did get some cashews in, two clementines, Asian pear, RX bar, more cashews, dried apricots and some carrots in!Last night I stuffed bell peppers with turkey, and I made slaw salad with apples, cider vinegar, and Tassamans chipotle ranch. I am making roasted sweet potatoes topped with homemade chimichurri, grilled burgers with lettuce buns, (tomato onion spinach, mustard, and pickles) 

Right now at 500pm, I feel a little tired but writing this has energized me :)

Day 5:

I awoke with a very slight headache that quickly remediated itself. Last night I got up three times to urinate, and my bladder was full when I got up at 0700. Not my norm, but my thirst has increased, and my regular 3 -64 oz H2o has probably increased to 4 or 5!

Today was a good day, not hungry off the bat. I made myself eat some cashews and an apple. After church, I went grocery shopping and came home to leftovers for lunch and had a burger salad w/ LTO, mustard pickles, and slaw from 2 nights ago.:) I snacked on a handful of pistachios and had, of course, drank plenty of water all day. Tonight we are having clean corn beef braised w/ carrots, napa cabbage, onions, and carrots. I may treat myself to a lemon (compliant) Lara Bar after dinner.

My focus has been decent, I don't feel too tired, but my eyes look tired probably from last nights bathroom trips. I completed my weeks class work, started next weeks and I am ready for action work tomorrow:). 

Day 11! 

Busy work and school week :) I am hanging in there. I do feel FULLER most of the time and pants are snug, but I guess that's normal. I have had some mild headaches in the morning that self-remedied. Read that headaches and weakness I experience in workouts maybe due to sodium depletion ( I get up several times at night to urinate) because of a low carb diet and the suggestion is bone broth. Does anyone have any input? I do notice during my Pure Barre workout in the mirror fuller arms and chest compared to usual ( weight gain) and my strength is weaker possibly due to added weight. I am staying patient through :) I noted some unexpected bowel movements that usually only occur throughout the day because of gastritis.  Otherwise, I feel good and free from sugar, alcohol and other non- whole, processed food.

Archived