Editting a post...?

peak

How do I edit my own post?  Do I only have a certain amount if time do so so because I thought I recall seeing an "EDIT" button... (I will look for it again as soon as I post this topic.)

I only ask because after rereading one of my own post in another sub-forum I wanted to make a correkshun to a speeling erorr that I made ....but I cannot do so without that edit function.

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Goal is -40lbs said:

How do I edit my own post?  Do I only have a certain amount if time do so so because I thought I recall seeing an "EDIT" button... (I will look for it again as soon as I post this topic.)

I only ask because after rereading one of my own post in another sub-forum I wanted to make a correkshun to a speeling erorr that I made ....but I cannot do so without that edit function.

You have about 15 minutes after initially posting to edit a post. After that, it's locked. 

Thank you.  I try to be diligent with respect to grammar, punctuation and spelling in my replies, but it annoys me when upon rereading that I find a mistake.  Would it be frowned upon if I were to make a subsequent post identical to the first one, only with corrections, and ask a Moderator to delete the offending one? 

In one particular case , I ended up selecting the wrong choice of the spell-checker offerings and while the specific word is spelled correctly, it conveys an incorrect meaning.

• Moderators

For something like that, it's fine to do that, or you can link to the post and ask a mod to change the incorrect word. We are all volunteers and it may take us time to get to it if we're not online when you ask, but as long as you're not asking us to do it for every post, it's fine. 

Archived